Thursday, October 31, 2013

Treasured Time Challenge #5 ~ Shades of one color with some Bling

Go to Treasured Times 


Hello fellow Crafters,

Today I am posting for Treasured Times Challenge Blog. This is my last post as a full Design Team Member. I did ask if I could come back now and then as a Guest Designer. And I am happy to say that Jody was kind to let me do this. So for this challenge we ask you to create something with different shades of one color. Boy was that a challenge, lol. For my card I used a stamp by Erica Nicomedi and it is called Sweet Christmas.



This is such a pretty and cute image that I could not resist and make something special. This is my second easel card that I made and I found an amazing tutorial on one of the blogs that I follow- JenniferD's Blog. If you color with copics and you love to check out amazing artists, well you do need to check her blog out. 

Alright let me show you what I have done to create this card. The first two pictures show how the easel card base was made.


Simple measurements and two score marks- and there it is! The measurements are: 
29 cm by 14.5 cm
Score marks at 14.5 cm and then in a diagonal on one half of the paper.


I colored the image with Copic Markers:
 Boy:
Hat and Shoes: B91; B93; B95; B97
Shirt: B12; B14; B16; B32; B34; B37
Socks, Gloves and Belt: C01; C03; C05
Pants: B21; B23; B24; B28
Hair: Y21; Y23; E35
Skin: E000; E00; E11; E21; R20
 Girl:
Hat, Skirt and Socks: B60; B63; B66
Shoes and Gloves: C01; C03; C05
Bows, Leaves, Heart: B000; B02; B04
Hair: E21; E35; E37
Skin: E000; E00; E11; E21; R20

Here are some more close ups on some of the details of this card. I hope you like the card and will try to create a fun easel card if you have not already.









I would like to enter this card into the following Challenges:

Hanna and Friends: Anything goes/Alles erlaubt
My Heart Pieces: Anything Christmas
Paper Crafting Journey: Anything Goes
Art Impressions: Holiday Cards
Aud Sentiments Challenge: Inspirational Christmas
Cute Card Thursday: Sparkles
An Inky Situation: Anything Goes
Crafty Girls Challenge: Anything Goes



Until soon,
Nadja



12 comments:

  1. Wow, great work, well done and good luck!
    Hugs, Jackie GD An Inky Situation

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really adorable Nadja! You sure put alot of work and time into creating this piece for our challenge. Thank you so much!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant project, thank you for taking part in Crafty Girls Challenges - good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such and adorable card, love all about it especially the white sparkly poinsettia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your poinsettia!! and all is very very nice
    thank you for tuto!!
    Gelsomina

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card you have made. Thank you for taking part in the Aud Sentiments Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Aud Sentiments Design Team Member) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous, Nadja! Love the frosty feel and that you shared some step-by-step pics of your process. Wow, you used wonderful details and the recipient will be thrilled. Have a great first week of November :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow,so much going on!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at MY Heart Pieces challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, wonderful work. Thank you so much for joining us at PCJ for our Anything Goes challenge Karen P, Paper Crafting Journey DT http://stampinginpink.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nadja, your card is really lovely!! So glad to have you join our Holly Jolly Christmas challenge at Art Impressions this week !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun fold and adorable image! Thank you for Linking Up at An Inky Situation. A new Linky Party started today! I hope you'll come back and link up your TURKEY projects with us!
    Come like our Facebook page!
    An Inky Situation Page on Facebook
    :) Janis
    Shop Stampin' Up! with me

    ReplyDelete