Thursday, October 31, 2013

Dia de los Muertos Blog Hop


Welcome to the Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) Blog Hop


Dia de los Muertos is a holiday for remembering and honoring those who have  passed.  It is a festive, joyous time of celebration.  Day of the Dead is  Mexico's most important holiday.

Our blog hop will be centered around Sugar skulls. Sugar skulls are by far the most popular symbol of  Mexico's most famous holiday,  Dia de los Muertos. 
To learn more about this Holiday visit:
Connie Can Crop is the first stop on this Festive Blog Hop.
This is a one day blog hop and we appreciate your leaving a comment for all of my fabulous crafty friends who are here sharing their ideas and creations.  


We have an awesome sponsor and giveaway for this hop!



Designs on Cloud 9 is giving away a $10 gift certificate to one lucky winner!! 


You can shop their store here.
And even like them on facebook for more fun.

So what do you need to do to win? Easy... become  a follower of each of the fabulous blogs in this hop and leave each of them a  comment letting them know what you like best about their projects. 


Then come back to Connie Can Crop and post that you followed the rules.


 You will have until 12:00 am Sunday to finish the  hop and leave your comments. Winner will be announced on Wednesday Winners at Connie Can Crop.
Be sure to follow everyone and leave a comment  along the way!

And here is what I made for the Hop:



I love the way this card turned out! I had some amazing design help from my son Jonathan. He picked the colors for the Sugar Skull. This skull can be found here at Treasured Times Rubber Stamps and Scrapbook.

I used some of my favorite crafting tool for this. I used Spellbinder dies, Whimsy Stamp Dies and flowers by Wild Orchard. Some heres and theres from my stash and that was it. I have some more pictures from some details:










Up next is Madge at http://www.thescrappinlounge.com
 
Here is our complete line up in case you get lost along the way.
4. Midge- http://www.toxictreasures.com/
5. Holli- http://www.sunflowerholli.blogspot.com/
6. Pam - http://lovebugcreations3.blogspot.com/
7. An'Jenic-  http://anjenicgibson.blogspot.com/
8. Aisha - http://londonskyedesigns.net
9. Alicia - http://goldengoddessdesigns.blogspot.com
10. Christina- http://cema1cema.blogspot.com

Now come along and enjoy the talented group of ladies on a tour of Dia De Los Muertos Hop!!! 

Until soon,
Nadja

20 comments:

  1. This card is great!! I love sugar skulls and this is awesome!! Great coloring, love the flowers! You nailed it!! Loves Madge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! What a great stamp to have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice, I love the colors and details are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my stars, love this card and your coloring is fantastic!
    TFS <3 Midge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card - love the flowers and how you colored the skull.
    I follow you with Google friend connect
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh....this is gorgeous, I love it!! OMGosh you did an amazing job :D Thanks for sharing where you found that awesome stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning and I adore the flowers!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is beautiful. I love the image you colored and the add glitter is so perfect. Beautiful job & well done. AJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! I LOVE the colors and the flowers!! The skull is colored perfectly!! I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is adorable!! I love all the colors you used. Thanks so much for sharing.


    racincrafts at aim dot com
    racincrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card Nadja! Love the colors you used too! Thanks for using one of my stamps to create this card and for entering it into other challenges! ~Jody~

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did an awesome job on this card I love the 3d embellishments and the colors...you can never go wrong with purple!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning! I love all the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous!! I love the colors and the embellies!! Just stunning!! Thanks so much for hopping with me! Scrappy hugs, Connie Can Crop

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this piece. Your son has a great eye for colour. Thanks so much for breaking down the card and showing the layers. Hugs Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful!!! Love this card!! Christina

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad you stopped by. I love your card and all the pictures you shared with us. All those wonderful details. Your flowers turned out gorgeous love the glitter you added. Your colors and the paper really worked out with the stamp, turned out fantastic.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete