Saturday, June 15, 2013

Father's Day Blog Hop






Welcome to the "Father's Day" Blog Hop!  

We're so happy you could join us today to honor Fathers, Brothers, Sons, Uncles or any other man who has been a great influence in our lives!


 You should have arrived from Vicki - http://scrapbookingcreationsbyvicki.blogspot.com/

 If you happened by my blog or are joining me from your dashboard, head over to Miranda's blog to start at the beginning.  
We don't want you to miss any of the fun! 


In addition to seeing a lot of awesome projects, there is some blog candy available too.  Miranda will be giving away a Michael’s or JoAnn's gift card (winner's choice).  To be eligible for the blog candy, you are required to visit each stop in the hop and leave a comment!  
The winner will be announced Wednesday, June 19th on Miranda's blog! 


Here is my Project:


I bought the frame at Michael's a while back with Father's Day in mind. I just did not see what it would turn out to be. 
Then the inspiration hit me...




Two of our children. I love their expression on their face and it is a good reflection of them and their personallity. Oh by the way I think this post will be a bit picture lenghty...lol. I think the only thing I did not use is my kitchen sink. Since both of them can write, more or less, I wanted them to be a bit involved with this project. Here is what they wrote...



From there it was just an overload of inspiration and I have used a lot of Tim Holtz products that I had in my stash. I will highlight a few techniques that I used and then I will just add some more pictures so I do not bore you to pieces.


For this background piece I sprayed it heavily with water and then started crunching it up. Once I had it the way I liked it I used the heat gun to dry it up. After that I used the walnut stain ink pad and rubbed it all over. The next step was that I added some embossing powder on the top and with the heat gun from underneath the paper melted the powder.

 
This is very simple to create! Use ink pad and rub it all over the embossing folder then spray a bit of water ( I used distress ink, walnut stain) and then ran it through the machine.

Here are some more details from the project-









The bird cage is on the very bottom of the frame. I had to hammer quiet a few nails into the outer part of the frame and I was surprised that the frame held together so nicely!
 
Alright, next on the hop is:
 Angela at www.crazy3monkeys.blogspot.com!!!

Should you get lost along the way, here is the entire line up:

 Miranda - www.nanasscrapspot.com
Vicki - http://scrapbookingcreationsbyvicki.blogspot.com/
Nadja- http://nadjarobbins.blogspot.com/
Angela- www.crazy3monkeys.blogspot.com
Sarah- www.sarahbiswabic.blogspot.com
Lori - http://www.scrappinmystressaway.blogspot.com/
Lissa Marie http://www.somanycrafts.com/
Connie - http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com
Pam - http://lovebugcreations3.blogspot.com/
An'Jenic- http://anjenicgibson.blogspot.com/
Christine http://hotberrydesigns.blogspot.com/
Lisa ~ http://honeybearzdesigns2011.blogspot.com/
Ashley - http://theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com
Carla - http://racincrafts.blogspot.com/

I hope you enjoyed my project and will continue on to the next in line. We have such a talented and creative group of crafters waiting to share their Father's Day projects with you. Relax and have fun!

Until soon,
Nadja 
 

31 comments:

  1. What an amazing project and keepsake. I love the personalization you included in it. Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool Father's Day gift. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is amazing. I love every element used. And I really like how you got the kids involved. Love it. TFS AJ-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great gift. Love that you included the kids handwriting. That is precious. I really love the we love you segment. this is truly a gift to be treasured!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nadja, what an AWESOME project! I love the use of the different techniques and all of the elements! And of course the fact that your children added their special touch! Thanks so much for hopping along with me today! ~Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful project Nadja! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, super sweet project with the little notes from your boys. What a wonderful keepsake for your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a stunning project! I love everything about it!
    bfiscus[at]nntc[dot]net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome frame project - I love Tim Holtz products too......this will be a wonderful memory for your husband! Happy hopping with you today.......cyberhugs.......Mama LoveBug (Pam)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Outstanding project. Love that you used the boys writing. What you have created will be priceless in years to come. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing. He will love it. TFS.
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Supercalifragilisticexpeilidocious! Totally stunning. Precious heirloom in years to come! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous keepsake for your husband....just beautiful!

    Tracy Godfrey

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nadja, This is absolutely amazing! you did a phenomenal job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This piece is absolutely stunning! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. New follower via the hop. I love this project! TFS

    ~Pam~
    @ wwww.pjstreasures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! looks great! i have two of these memory trays "tagged" for vacation photos and trinkets, but haven't started yet. thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful frame - love all the elements you have managed to include. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an awesome project, so much work and love went into this.

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a great job, love all the details and the birdcage is great, good job

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great frame!!! I love all of the close up shots!! LOVE that the boys hand wrote a message!!! Great pics too!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a totally amzing project, great keepsake.
    cathyplus5

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW Nadja!!!! You are ALWAYS sure to be FULL of inspiration and talent! This project is AMAZING!!! Wonderful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOWWEEE!!! Did he love it? I bet yes!! This is absolutely gorgeous! Your love shines through!
    Great hopping with you! Scrappy hugs, Connie
    http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow what a lovely frame, I am he will have loved it.

    Thanks for sharing
    Hugs
    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I visited and followed your blog the other day. I've decided to nominate you for a Liebster Award!
    It's a way for newbie bloggers to pass on the love and meet new bloggers. You can find out what to do next by visiting my blog at www.pjstreasures.blogspot.com. Have a great evening! : )

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love it! you were not up and running when I started the hop the other night, but this is great! Worth coming back for!

    ReplyDelete