Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Wednesday December 26, 2012 Card Creating WEDNESDAY – National Thank You Day, Thank you cards.



Hello fellow Crafters,

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a blessed day full of good food, family or friends and great memories! Today at My Cricut Craft Room we are creating Cards for the National Thank You Day. Here is my card that I created:


For this card I used the Folk Art Festival cartridge that I just picked up a few weeks back at Michael's. I Love this cardridge! There are so many cute cuts on this one. When I saw this design (page 67 Font Blackout) I knew I wanted to use it for the Thank You card. As usually I will show you some pics on how I made this. I used a technique that I played with a while back with Modellier-Creme from Viva Decor.


 

The top picture shows my template covered with the Modellier- Creme No. 501. I used the Cricut spatula to spread the paste as evenly as possible over the plastic template. The template is 6x6 and from The Crafters Workshop. Once you have covered the space and made it as smooth as possible remove the template and you will have something like the bottom picture. Once I had this I let it dry. On a side note- This time I used a heavier card stock rather then regular paper and the results are much better. The paste is quiet wet and depending on your negative spaces to fill the paper get quiet wet. So do consider that as you design your creation.






Here are the pictures of what came next... I did size and fit every cut on my Gypsy and the Stamp is from a Martha Steward stamp set. The design cut very nicely and once the lace piece was cut I did use my Ranger Distress Marker, Dusty Concord to trace all the cuts inside and outside.






For this cut in the middle I wanted to make sure that the square would touch all the sides. In order to make this happen without guessing I marked the center of both sides of the light purple design (top pic) and measured the distance in between. That gave me the measurement for the length of each side of the square.







Then it was just a matter of layering the different components toghether. All the orange cuts where inked with ranger Distress Marker Wild Honey and the purple cuts with the Dusty Concord. 








At this time I wanted to pop dot the center piece to give the card some more dimension. The top picture shows that after I use the dots I do cut up the left over piece, so everything is getting used. Next came the embellishment of the side of the center piece. I used a variety of colors and sizes of Roses that I have in my stash. I even used some beads. The green leaves where die cut from a Spellbinder Set Foilage Two. I also found some orange pearls while going through my treasures and thought that the corners could use some dazzling up. Of course I needed to add some Stickles for some sparkle!  
One more look at the final card:


I hope you have enjoyed your stay as much as I had creating this card! I have to confess it is one of my favorites. Now head on over to My Cricut Craft Room to take a look at some of the other projects that are being shown off by my talented Design Team Sisters.

Until soon,
Nadja 

 

3 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful! You sure put a lot of work in to it and it shows. I love the purple and orange together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card should be framed. It's a work of art - so much detail.

    ReplyDelete