Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Theme Day Thursday December 13, 2012 Perky Penguin Day!

  



Hello fellow Crafters,

I am very excited to share a project with you. Today My Cricut Craft Room has challenged us to create a project with a Penguin! There are so many different Penguins on all the Cricut Cartridges (and I have a few of those) that it was hard to pick the ONE that I wanted. Well I ended up using three!!! Here is the finished card that I made for you....



For this card I used the ZooBalloo and Winter Frolic cartridges. Once I had the design in my head it was pretty simple to put it all together. Let me show you how I did it:

First off here are the cuts that I made. As you can imagine I used my Gypsy to size and place the pieces on the mat. The blue paper has the tree cuts. The trees are from the Winter Frolic cartridge page 50 . I used three of them and sized them in three different hights. I wanted to play with dimension. The penguins are from ZooBalloo page 97. I used the regular cut and the Lower/Layer function for this card.








For the snowy hills I used a glitter paper that was already wavy. 
From there I made a template from regular paper. The top picture shows the outline from my card and then the different hill shapes that I wanted. Once they were cut out I remembered to flip the template over before putting that onto the back side of my glitter paper (before I even ruined the paper I remembered that step...lol)
Then I traced the template on my paper and cut them out. Next was to adhere the layers. I started with the furthest back amd taped it down on my card. The next layer got pop dots on it and then was adhered to the card. For the last layer the top portion of the layer got one set of pop dots and the bottom part got two pop dots on top of each other to compensate for the hight. The last picture shows the layers with all the pop dots.



For the sentiment I chose a Just Rite Stamp from the "A Merry Little Christmas Set". I used Black Memento ink, highlighted the edges with Copic Markers B0000 and B000 and used the Distress Marker Dusty Concord along the edge of the cut out circle.




Extra details were added like snowflakes that came from the Martha Stewart snowflake edge punch and Crystal Stickles. Stickles were added to the trees and to the background.




And here is one final look at the finished card. I hope you have enjoyed your stay and now it is time for you to take a look at all the other great and amazing projects that the rest of my Design Team Sisters have in store for you! Go back to My Cricut Craft Room and check them all out. And if you like our creations we sure would enjoy and appreciate any comments that you have for us!

Until soon,
Nadja     

2 comments:

  1. Nadja, you penguins are super cute, and your tutorial on how you did the snow is helpful as always! Wonderful job!
    Teresa
    www.createenjoyshare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the detail!! Awesome card.

    MCCR DT sis
    Robin

    ReplyDelete