Hello fellow Crafters'
First I want to wish everyone from our home to yours a "Happy New Year". May the new year bring everything that you have hoped for to you.
So for today's post at My Cricut Craft Room our challenge was to create a New Years Eve project that was sparkly. Here is my creation....
I used Sweetheats, Simply Charmed and Paper Lace cartridges for this card. Let me show you some details on how I created this card.
My inspiration for the card came from the sparkling paper that I found at Michael's. On my Gypsy I designed and sized all the parts that I needed for this card. The green is for the bottle of champagne, the purple for background and bow, light blue and brown for another piece of background, white for the glasses and the silver for the shadow of one of the background pieces.
Next I focused on the dress up of the champagne bottle. This bottle is from the Simply Charmed cartridge (page 71)
. I did take out the cut lines for the label and added my own. I also spruced it up with some Stickles Crystal and Copper.
After that I added some Stickles to my background pieces. These were cut from the Paper Lace cartridge (page 37)
. The brown and purple pieces were cut at the same size. I only applied Stickles to have of the edges since I knew that most of the edges were going to be covered by the main piece. 2 Shadow>
For my sentiment I wanted to keep it simple but sparkly.... I heat embossed the stamp with Classic Pewter. Just a quick side note: I head embossed this from the underside. In case the heat gun gets to hot and discolors the paper you won't see it! The sentiment was cut out with a small Spellbinder Circle die and then I added Lavender Stickles around the edge.
Then it was time to put the pieces together. Covered a white card with my inspiration paper. Then it was time to layered the main background. Bottle with the champagne glasses were added. The glasses and the bows were cut from the Sweethearts cartridge (page 70) again I delete the cut lines from the inside of the glasses. The purple and brown pieces were placed behind the main background. The middle picture shows what I first thought would be the finished card. The more I looked at it the more I knew that it needed some more of something. So I started to play with the flowers. Ended up moving the sentiment to the other side. More bling was added and some Rhinestones to finish the look. Now I was happy with the outcome....lol
This picture shows the layers with the pop dots. The sentiment did get a double layer of pop dots to ensure that it would be raised above the background.
One last look at the finished card:
For more creations check out My Cricut Craft Room. I hope you had an enjoyable visit and I will blog again in the New Year 2013!!!