Sunday, December 2, 2012

My IMAGINE-ation Monday December 3, 2012 Angel theme




Hello fellow Crafters,
It is Monday and I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and 1. Advent. I enjoyed my first weekend off in three weeks and I feel almost normal, hahaha. Ok, now onto more important items. Today My Cricut Craft Room asked us to come up with Angel themed projects! Here is what I came up with:





I used Inspired Heart and Elegant Edges cartridges for this card. I love the way this card came out. Now I have to confess that one of the techniques I used on this one looks great but honestly I am not sure if I use it again... (egg shells) We will see.




Here is how it all started. My idea was to create a stained glass look for this card due to the motif of the angel that I picked. It reminded me of a window in a German Church. I actually ended up moving the components onto two layers on my Gypsy so it would be easier to space and cut.







These pictures show the technique that I tried out for the first time. I used egg shells to create the "stained glass" look. First I took some egg shells, soaked them in soapy water to clean them and also to loosen the "skin" so you then can remove it. Then you must let them dry. I did cut this circle out of photo paper because I needed a paper with some more thickness due to the glue that I needed to add for the egg shells. I first dried Mod Podge. Sponged it all over the paper and started to press the egg shells into. That was a mess to say the least but it gave me some coverage. Then I went to the good old glue! I added the glue where I needed to fill spaces and continued to press egg shells into the glue. I used a dry embossing tool for this and it worked well. Once I had the space covered to my liking and the glue was dry, I worked on my coloring. I used Alcohol Inks in three colors.... Caramel, Cranberry and Meadow. I added Blending Solution and went to town. Not trying to overdue it and used more a stipple motion then rubbing.



I added some yellow Stickels to the halo and then added the Image from the Inspired Heart cartridge onto my background.





I punched out some pine branches (32 to be exact) and added them around the circle.




I tried myself at tying a bow and failed miserably so I made my simple pleaded bow. Wrap the ribbon twice around three of your fingers and then pinch them together. Then take some thread and wrap it around the middle and you are done! Simple and cute....




In a box of forgotten treasures I found this beauty and I knew that it would be the perfect fit for the bow. It was a pin so I cut of the stem and hot glued it to the bow and then the bow to my center. The background  paper was cut from the Elegant Edges page 70.




One last look at the final project. I hope you enjoyed the project I made and now it is time for you to take a look at all the other great projects that my Design Team Sisters have created for you today at My Cricut Craft Room.

Until soon,
Nadja  






4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!
    Miranda :)
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nadja this is so stunning. What a wonderful effect you were able to achieve. I may give this a try myself someday. TFS~Mary
    http://Mary~fortheloveofart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You sure put a lot of work into your project and it shows. This is lovely! I love the pine branches around the edge. Never would have thought of eggs shells. Truly inpsiring project. TFS.

    Tami
    MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! Love the details..

    Robin
    MCCR DT sis

    ReplyDelete