Saturday, December 1, 2012

December 100 Cartridges Blog Hop

Welcome to Erica's Craft Room
100 Cricut Cartridge Blog Hop 

You should have started at http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com/ if not please start at the beginning


     
   

Hello Everyone, 
I hope you  are ready for an amazing Hop that we have in store for you! You should have arrived here from Kathy's blog at http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/. If not start at the beginning at My Cricut Craft Room so you are not missing a thing!

Onto my projects for today..... Here are the cartridge choises that I picked for this hop. 
  
* Pagoda
*Country Life
*Paisley
*Fancy Frames

My first project to share is made with the Pagoda Cartridge:
                               

I love everything Oriental! Food, Culture and Art. So when this cartridge came out it was a must have for me. Sadly I have to confess that I have only used it twice! That was one of the reasons that I choose this one for the hop. I do this just about every hop we do, that I pick cartridges that I have not used before ( And I have quiet a few of these never used ones) Enough of the small talk and onto I have done this card. 


Well with most of my projects  I start with my Gypsy! Here is the layout on my screen. Pretty simple this time. If you look close you are not seeing the fan and the letters. That was an after thought, and I think a good one. 

 

 The roof tiles were embossed with the swirl folder to give it some texture.

 
Then I also ran the bridge (page 59) through another folder to also add texture. All pieces were inked with Tim Holtz Markers of Walnut Stain and Forest Moss. I added some white card stock behind the window cut on the bottom row of the Temple (page 60).
The bamboo cut is on page 48.


As my sentiment for this card I used this fan that was cut and the Kanji Words added- Happiness (page 45) and Harmony (page 46).


I layered the main background with pop dots as well as the fan.


For my next project I used all the rest of my cartridge choises:

A lot of my friends are cat lovers so I am sure it will not be hard to find someone to give this to. It is not a card more like a piece that could be framed.


  
Again I started with my Gypsy (top picture) and then the bottom picture shows you the pieces cut out. Sometimes for me it is hard to come up with the paper choises. The concept of the cards come to me very easy but then to pick colors and combinations can be very time consuming for me. I even use my color wheel at time because I get stuck. Very seldom do I get inspired by a certain paper, and I have some very beautiful paper!



 I kept the kitty (page 73 of the Paisley Cartridge) very simple just added a few here's and there's like google eyes and some details with the Tim Holtz Picket Fence Marker.


The word "Princess" is cut from the  Country Life cartridge. It was cut and then inked with Vintage Photo. After the inking I added some green bling! No Princess should be without bling!  The frame is cut from Fancy Frames cartridge. I used Frame 10 for my project.


The background for the kitty was embossed with the polka dot folder and then I sanded the top of the paper.


Then I put the kitty on her background and pop doted the frame. On the bottom picture I show that I used a "few" squares. With the look that I was going for this project I had to use more so the layer would be stable enough to then possibly be framed

I hope you had fun checking out all my projects, I am sure glad  you stopped by. Your next stop is:
Sarah W http://craftingwithsarah.blogspot.com/ 
And here is a full line up for you in case you get lost along the way.  






My Cricut Craft Room http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com/
Jen L http://www.mybusycraftylife.blogspot.com/
Shelley http://shelley-scrapbookingforfun.blogspot.com/ 

 
Until soon,
 Nadja

15 comments:

  1. Nadja, I always love stopping by your blog to see the most lovely projects! Grear job as always!
    Teresa
    www.createenjoyshare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love your little cat frame. It just is so fun and creative. That cat always makes me smile when I see him on projects/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your first card. The bamboo adds that extra touch.
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on both cards. They look awesome. Thanks for sharing

    marianneDOTwanhamATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful projects. Love the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects Nadja!!! Love them
    MCCR DT Shelley
    http://shelley-scrapbookingforfun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful projects Nadja. Love the texture you added to the Pagoada card with embossing. My favorite is the kitty, love her googly eyes!! I have the same problem picking paper!!
    Kathy
    Salido99@msn.com
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love your pagoda card. I too love the oriental touches and the fan is especially gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent!Hugs~ Mary M
    http://Mary-fortheloveofart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your cards. Such fantastic detail and I love the depth!!! Love that kitten. She is so precious. My grandaughter Maci-Jade would love it. she is crazy for cats! One of these days I have got to find me a Hello Kitty cart. I loved the fan also on the other card.

    Robin
    MCCR DT
    http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness that kitty is so stinkin cute. love you projects.

    Sarah
    craftingwithsarah.blogspot.com
    MCCR DT SIS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards turned out great! I love how you added the words to your fan and the embossing of the fence and roof. The kitty is precious! I would definetly frame both cards. :)

    Tami
    MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. great projects!! i love that cat. so cute!!

    ~Liz K
    MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nadja,
    Love the embossing on your card and those googly eyes on the kitty just make your card so cute!

    Teresa
    MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable!
    Miranda :)
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete