Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Card Creating Tuesday December 18, 2012 Jingle Bells Theme


     

Hello fellow Crafters,

It is Tuesday and my turn to post for My Cricut Craft Room. I can not believe that Christmas is just right around the corner! My little boys are so excited and eager to open up those little doors on their Advents Calendar knowing at the end it will be Christmas.
Alright back to my post. Today's task was to create a project with Jingle Bells. Here is what I came up with:

I used Storybook and Christams Solution cartridges for this card.

Here are some more pictures on how I created this card:
I started out with the bell and the bow. These are from the Christmas Solution cartridge. 




Once I cut out the bow and bell I started to embellish the bow. I followed the cut lines with a black marker. I did not like it. I used a red marker and tried to add some shading to it... really was not my thing either. Then I added the Stickles to it and I started to like it!
The bell did not receive a whole lot of attention just the glitter paper underneath the bell paper for some sparkle.





For the actual card I started out with some brown paper and added some little jingle bells that I found at the craft store. I used a piece of string and knotted the bells into it. I tried to space them in equal parts so the largest bell would be in the middle. When I tied them I also started with the largest in the middle. Attaching the string to the paper was the most challenging part of this card...lol. I must have had moved the string about ten times and I was amazed that the tape still had anything sticky left...hahaha. Then came the colored paper. The background for the bell was sized and cut with my Gypsy. I used Storybook cartridge for this. The layer of the background was pop doted to the rest of the card.



The sentiment is stamped with a Whimsy stamp and then cut with the matching die. And here is one more look at the finished card:



I hope you enjoyed the card and it is now time for you to check out some more creativity at My Cricut Craft Room. My Design Team Sisters have some more amazing cards in store for you!

Until soon,
Nadja 
   



4 comments:

  1. Hi Nadja, I love your card! Great idea to add the jingle bells at the top. Very pretty.

    ~Tami
    MCCR DT
    http://scrappinrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nadja - oh my - this is just such a beautiful card! I love the real bells you added! TOO CUTE! Merry Christmas!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Nadja. I love the shading on the bow it gives it so much dimension! Thanks for sharing uyour talent again! Mary M
    http://Mary-fortheloveofart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Nadja.. I wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete