Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Would You Ever Guess Wednesday November 7, Bonus features from a Licensed Cartridge









 



Hello fellow Crafters,
 I am so super excited to share this post with you for today's project at My Cricut Craft Room. Our assignment was to use a "bonus" cut (any cut but the main cut of the image) of a licensed Cartridge. Well if you know me by now -I can think out of the box! Here is a picture of my finished project:





It is rather simple and I kind of like it that way. I wanted to show case the beautiful paper as my background and not "clutter" it up.(I mean this in the nicest way) I so have to appoligize that my pictures are not the greatest today.... I think I might have to ask Santa for a Christmas present myself lol! I have been good and I have been looking at some new cameras....hehehe. The cartridges that I have used for this card are Christmas, Jolly Holidays and SpongeBob Squarepants.



Here is the close up of the elf. I use all cuts for the cute Elf from the Jolly holidays cartridge. I sized this cutie on my Gypsy along with the tree. I did use the hide feature for the face to eliminate the mouth cut. I drew in the eyes, the mouth and the cheeks. I added some details on his pants and hat with a Copic marker. The lights and the hat received some "special" love with some Stickels.



The tree was cut from the Christmas cartridge. I used both cuts. The shadow feature was cut from shiny green paper to make the tree pop.





Here are the pictures from the element that I created with the "bonus" cut! I used a sea star to make a poinsettia! I love how the Cricut Cartridges allow you to use a cut and create something so different! Who would have thought that the sea star would make such great flowers! The cut is on page 48. I used the Icon cut and left the center notches. It actually gave the layer a little bit more pliability to be shaped easier. I sized three layers and used it for the large center flower. Then I used the two smaller layers and created one tiny third layer. I cut the smaller flower two times. Once the flowers were shaped and glued I used the yellow Stickles for the center.





For the finishing touches I used a stamp directly on my paper. I punched out some pine branches to add to the flowers and there it is- the finished Card! Rather simple and nothing fancy but I really like the way it turned out. Even my big critiques (Husband and oldest son Jon) liked it a lot. My son did mention that I should add some lights to the tree. And you know I just might add some later on. 
I hope I was able to inspire you to take a look at your cartridges and see if you can use a cut for something that you just did not see at first look. I am telling you once you start you can't stop looking for different ways to use the elements. Now it is time for you to go to My Cricut Craft Room and  and see what else is in store for you today.

Until soon,
 Nadja 


 

9 comments:

  1. Nadja- I am always so inspired when I visit your blog and see what creative ideas you share! Who would have thought the idea of the sea stars could be made into lovely poinsettias? The added pine branch is the perfect touch to them! Of course your elf is such a cutie too!
    Fabulous Job again!
    Teresa
    www.createenjoyshare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!!!!! You did an awesome job with this!
    Miranda :)
    MCCR DT Sister
    www.nanasscarpspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nadja, I feel the same way that TeresaK feels, I am always so inspired after seeing your projects. They are always so amazing! I love love love the Christmas tree cut.
    TFS!
    ClaireR
    ThreeWatersCreations.com
    MCCR DTM

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a super card. crafty idea with sea stars.
    cathyplus5

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Nadja, love the pointsettias!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Nadja I love everything about this card! The elf is adorable and the poinsettias are amazing. You find the most unique cuts in the handbooks!!! TFS, Hugs~ Mary M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nadja, beautiful card. I love the sea stars as poinsettias and your little elf is super cute.

    Robin Lane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card. I love the poinsettias made from sea stars who would have ever thunk it. You did a great job.

    Sarah
    craftingwithsarah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nadja I love your projects!!! I love the pointsetta please share on your blog step by step on how to make that beauty!!!
    Mccr DT Shelley
    http://shelley-scrapbookingforfun.blogspot.com/




    ReplyDelete