Monday, November 19, 2012

Tuesday, November 20th - Card Creating Tuesday- Thanksgiving Cards or place cards

            
               



Hello fellow Crafters,

It is time for another post for My Cricut Craft Room! I hope everyone's week is going well so far especially since some of you have a short work week. Today's task was to create a Thanksgiving Card or a Place Card. I choose to make a Place Card. Here is what I came up with:


For this Place Card I used three Cartridges... Elegant Edges, Animal Kingdom and Martha Stewarts Seasonal Cake Art.


I first sized my pieces on my Gypsy. I used the on page 28 from Elegant Edges. I used the circles to later cut them for the tail of the Turkey. I sized three different circles. The body of the Turkey is made from the Animal Kingdom page 92. I used the main image with the shift key on. I did hide some of the face cuts. I placed two images on the mat because I wanted one of the cuts to show the wings in a different color.



Here is a picture of the different cuts.



This picture shows what I did with the two images... I cut the dark brown cut along the cut lines made by the Cricut machine to cut off the wings. That allowed the other cut to show.


Then I layered the circles and cut the bottom off to create the Turkey tail.




In order to give it some dimensionplaced pop dots in between each color of the tail.

    
To create the background for the place card I used Elegant Edges again. I used on page 51. I used the Oblong shift feature to give me the solid cut. I resized the shape to 2.5 inches by 5 inches. I also sized two different cuts to have the double edges. The two layers were also separated with pop dots. On the picture you do see that the Turkey did get some google eye.





Instead of making a double cut and then folded in the middle to create a tent card, I just added a little scrap paper folded in have to the back of the card to make it stand.

This is a close up that shows all the different layers.


The final touches for this project were Liquid Pearls White Opal, Yellow Stickles, the "Jon" cut was done with the Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake Art Cartridge and I used a white gel pen to add some stich lines and dots. Nothing to fancy but just festive enough. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and as always I appreciate everyone taking a look at my work. My Design Team Sisters were all creative too, so take a look at their creations at My Cricut Craft Room.

Until soon,
Nadja  







5 comments:

  1. I love these. I also love the name u used on the card. That's how my son spells his name too. Lov'in them!!!

    Kathy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute place cards.

    Sarah
    craftingwithsarah.blogspot.com
    MCCR DT SIS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the place cards and all the detail you gave!!!!
    MCCR DT Shelley
    http://shelley-scrapbookingforfun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the details and layers on your cards..Can't wait to see your next project.

    Robin
    MCCR DT
    http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute place cards.Love all the details and layers. :)

    ReplyDelete