Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Theme Day Thursday November 15th- 3D Pretty Princess Purses





     




Hello fellow Crafters,

It is time for another post for My Cricut Craft Room! Today is Theme Day Thursday and our challenge was to create a 3D Princess Purse. I have to confess that a lot of times I sign up for my challenges, to challenge myself because at the time that I sign up I have no plan on what to do. I kind of like to look beyond what I feel comfortable with and come up with new ideas. This was one of those occasions....lol. I "dusted" off my Tags, Bags, Boxes and More Cartridge and started my project. Here is what I came up with:



It is very simple and I started to add more stuff but then it began to look very overwhelming since it is not a very big purse. But perfect for little favors! Now let me show you how I created this purse.


I started the purse on my Expression with the "fit to page" feature button on. Once that was done I had to take a close look at what I would have to do next since I had never cut this purse from this Cartridge before. After a close examination I needed to score some folding lines.



For this step I used my cricut cutter and the black scoring blade. I lined the little notches, that the cricut cuts as guide lines, up and used the scoring blade to run from one point to the next. I only run the blade over the paper lightly because I had had it happen that I actually cut the paper. 



Before I folded the scored pieces and clued the purse together I did add some bling on the front overlap of the purse. To make sure that I would space them just right I started with all the edges and points of the design and then worked my self into half's of the space in between until the edge was covered.





I folded the purse up once before I added the clue so I had somewhat of an idea how the purse would fit together since I had never done this cut before. I figured that it could not hurt to know the layout before hand. (Every now and then I do work smarter and not harder, hehehe) The top picture shows one of my prize possessions- a fine tip glue tip. It is great for small areas to glue but also for fine details to add on flowers and such with glitter!
 



The purse cut on the cartridge does not come with a handle, so I had to come up with something different and special. What I came up with is a ribbon braid. I cut three pieces of ribbon, taped them to the top of my work table and started braiding! When I reached the length that I needed, I did not tie the ends. I needed them loose in order to add them into the slots on top of the purse.




 
 After I inserted the three ribbons on one side I tied the knot to secure the handle and repeated the steps for the other side. I had to manipulate the handle a bit to make sure the braid would fall the right way to ensure a good look.


Here is a view from the top.





Now it was time for the embellishments. I loved the paper and the flower details, so I wanted the paper to show and not cover it up with too much detail. I added some bling on the side of the purse.




And on the front a pretty flower with beads dangling down. This flower is so pretty and I have been waiting for the right place to put it. This piece has been in my treasure box for over a year now and when I put it on the purse I knew I had found the right spot! As always one more look at the final project-


Now that you have seen my project for today head on over to My Cricut Craft Room and take a look at all the other creations that my talented Design Team Sisters have created for you.
  But before I sign off today I want to take the time and tell all of you a big thank you! I have only been part of this blog world a short time and I have had so many nice comments from all of you. You have made this journey of my creative path so truly amazing and enjoyable! Thank you for all your support.

Until soon,
Nadja
 




 

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous bag Nadja! You do superb work and always admire your creations.
    TFS!!!
    ClaireR
    Three Waters Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nadja, this is beautiful. The bling, the ribbon handle the paper and that flower. LOVE ALL OF IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so very fancy!!! I love it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nadja,
    This purse is absolutely amazing!! I love the braided handle, the dangling beads the pretty flower, and the paper and bling you used. So bascially I love everything about this purse!! Thanks for sharing the step by step too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely purse! Love the extra touches. Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love ur purse Super Cute!!!! Love how u added the handle great job. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Nadja this is simply stunning! Like everyone else I LOVE the braided handle. That is such a wonderful idea. Fabulous job with the bling as well. TFS~ Mary M
    http://Mary-fortheloveofart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGoodness you did an awesome job on the purse. I just love how it turned out. Your braiding bring back memories, I have not done that in years. Love everything about your project.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  9. FABULOUS purse. Any fashionista would love it! Hope you will stop by when you get a chance.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete