Friday, November 2, 2012

November 100 Cartridges Blog Hop

Welcome to Erica's Craft Room
100 Cricut Cartridge Blog Hop Day ONE

You should have started at http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com/ if not please start at the beginning




Welcome to My Cricut Craft Room's 100 cartridge Blog hop!
Collectively the design team uses over 100 different Cricut Cartridges in their projects during the two days of this hop. What an exciting weekend is awaiting you

             ******************************************

Hello everyone, I hope you are enjoying yourselves on this wonderful hop that we have for you. It is all about Christmas this time around!!! We are getting you all in the festive spirit. Only a few weeks before Christmas! Can you believe it.
  You should have come from the talented Mary http://Mary-fortheloveofart.blogspot.com/
Here is a list of Cartridges that I chose for this hop:

* Thanksgiving
* Crocs Rules
* Cindy Loo
* A Child's Year 

Now before I show you the first Card I have to confess that I had a temporary brain malfunction...lol. Our assignment was to make Christmas related projects for this hop. Now as you read the cartridges that I picked, well they do not appear to be related to Christmas. Lucky that after a closer look I was able to come up with some good ideas..... Without waiting any longer here is the first card I made for all of you:



For this card I used the A Child's Year and Elegant Edges cartridges.


 Here are the beginning cuts for this card. The kids with the tree cut is from A Child's Year (page 57), the stamp cut is from Elegant Edges (page 37)



For the background I used a Martha Stewart edge  punch.




All edges were inked with the Vintage Photo Distress Markers.


Added together and you have the backdrop for the rest of the card.



I added the Children's cut and placed all of the components onto the card that I made out of green card stock. I used the distress tool to rough up the edge and then I used a piece of ribbon that I got last year at Micheals. I thought the Christmas Trees were just perfect for this card.




The final step was to add the sentiment. This time I used My Creative Time All Around Christmas stamp set and My Creative Time Die Scallop & Stitched Circle. I did color up the Tree a bit to make it a little bit more colorful.

 

To finish the card up I used yellow Stickels to give the tree some sparckel.



My second card was made with Cindy Loo cartridge:


I kept this card simple, but for some reason it was the one card that I had the most issue with to put it all together. When I saw the frame with the deer (page 61)  I thought of Rudolph!  





Since I wanted some glitter on my card I decided to use red glitter paper for the frame. In order to achieve to have only the frame red and not the deer I cut the frame twice. Once in the dark brown and once in the glitter red (top picture) I then trimmed the deer out so I would have the dark brown showing. After the trim I ran the red frame through the snowflake cuttlebug folder.




To complete the center piece I added a piece of cream card stock which I heat embossed with Christmas Ornaments and a "merry...merry...merry" stamp. Both stamps are from Recollections Stamp Set called Merry Merry.




To complete the card I used two different disigner paper (from last year, and I not remember where or what the name is). Where they meet I added a velvet ribbon. The snowflakes are buttons that I cut off the "arch" part off with wire pliers to make them flat and able to adhere them to the card. The string of light on the top of the card is a Whimsy Die called Ornaments Border Die. I fell in love with this die and I had to add it to one of my cards for this hop....hehe.




Oh and on a side note.... what not to do! When you have exposed wire on your hot glue gun, it is time to replace it!!!! I was the "smart" one to plug it in with exposed wire and got burned. I ended up with really tiny copper pieces in my hand.
So needless to say for this project I had to use an alternative to hot glue to adhere the snowflakes. I used glue dots! Not only that but I blew the braker in my craft room and did not know it until I needed to use my Cricut for my next card for the hop.....Did mention that I was the "Smart"one... lol.


One last look at the finished card.

For my final card of this hop:



I used Thanksgiving, Crocs Rule and Sentiment cartridges. What a combo!!!! I love the way this one turned out. So unexpected. The Croc is from Crocs Rule, the turkey is from Thanksgiving and the table is from Sentiments.




Here are some pictures of the layout of the items on my Gypsy and then the line up on the mat.




The Croc had to go througth some changes.... First I ran him through the Cuttlebug folder, then I added some google eyes and  to finish him up I added a grin and some teeth. I did cut out all the pieces that came along with this image with the exception of main cut with shift on.


The Turkey got a trim as well. I tried the cut with the
"smell" swirls but it was too large... so I cut them off! All cuts were
inked with Distress Markers,Walnut Stain.
 

Here you see the altered table cut. When I started to put the different pieces together the table was just to big and to ornate. So I took a craft knife to it. 




For the sentiment on this card I used two Whimsy Dies and the matching Holiday Stamp. The Dies are Holly Branch Notables 4 Die and Notables 4 Die. The stamp set is called Holiday Carols Notables 4. The holly berries got a splash of red Stickels to sparkel.




The background was created with varies papers and just pop doted.




I know this might be silly but when I started I used the pop dots and threw away the left over... silly me! Now I use the dots and then I cut up the left overs!!! For the seasoned crafter a no brainer however I now we do have some new crafters along as well and I sure would like to save them some money and  share tricks. I guess that is why I always go into such details with my posts. When I started I would look at blogs and they had great projects but not much details on how they achieved the look or the feel. I told myself if I ever had a blog I would go into more details.... so now you know why I go to such lenght to show my steps. Oh before I forget the reason I showed the last picture with the square dot and the two round dots is I needed to adjust for the hight of the first layer and the polka doted piece the Croc is on.




The middle picture shows the spot that I needed to do the adjustment for. The top picture shows the Croc put on his background .

  
I hope you had fun checking out all my projects, I am sure glad  you stopped by. Your next stop is: 

And here is a full line up for you in case you get lost along the way.

  1. MCCR http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com
  2. Kathy S http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com
  3. Mary http://Mary-fortheloveofart.blogspot.com
  4. Nadja http://nadjarobbins.blogspot.com
  5. Miranda http://www.nanasscrapspot.com
  6. Shelley http://shelley-scrapbookingforfun.blogspot.com
  7. Lisa Chamberlain http://lisacustomscrapbooking.blogspot.com
  8. Janet http://janetscreativeworld.blogspot.com

Until soon,
Nadja



32 comments:

  1. so stinkin' cute!! and how creative are you!!! Love your projects and that croc is simply adorable!! Great job! TFS Janet Royer

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW. love your cards. Especially love the patterned paper in the A Child's Year and adorable Croc with Thanksgiving combo. very smart combo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nadja...what a story! A burn, blow the circut... copper pieces in your hand! However, you took some "interesting" cartridge choices and did an outstanding job with the HOP! LOVE The alligator! Too cute!
    Teresa
    MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards! So many details. I love how you made the croc card. Very clever. All your cards turned out great! TFS.

    Tami
    http://www.scrappinrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your cards -- great ideas, combos and carts. So sorry you had to go through so much getting them done but they are awesome! TFS.

    Kris
    dietzrobles at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your cards using the cuttlebug on the croc gave it a special quality,thanks for making such amazing things,
    sharon doble
    sharinlee@comast.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch!!! Crafting can be dangerous!! Love all three of your cards. Love how you put together the last one to make a very cute Thanksgiving feast!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your projects are awesome. Loved the crocs card so, so cute!!
    (:(:SMiles:):)

    Robin

    thecricutscrapper at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your step by step directions, I didn't know you could use all the parts of the layer popup stuff. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All your projects were beautiful!! Loved them all
    MCCR DT Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your projects are lovely - but I feel bad for you with that burned hand! I hope you are doing OK - thanks for the tip on replacing a crafting item if the wires are exposed - so sorry you had to go through that! Thanks for the hop! Have a great week and get healed up fast! Gail
    http://ilikepaper01.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. great stuff nadja! very original combination of crocs rule and thanksgiving! love the creativity there!

    ~Liz K

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are really cute! Great inspiration for future cards. Thanks for the great detailed instructions in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!! What great cards. I just love the alligator.

    Tammy S.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to read about your hand. Love all your cards, especially the gator!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE ALL your cards... they are awesome!!! Beautiful work too... I love the croc... sooooooooooo adorable!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great projects!

    mb6464@hotmail.com
    marciasmemories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job! I love the alligator card

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your projects are awesome!!!
    robin
    http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nadja I just love your cards and the details on how you put this together. Since we are in cyber space it is nice to give the instructions for all the techniques and tips you used. TFS~ Mary M
    http://Mary-fortheloveofart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous! Hope you got all that copper out!
    Miranda :)
    MCCR DT Sista
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. great projects.
    Sarah
    craftingwithsarah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. glad it wasn't to serious with the heat gun.....wonderful projects

    ReplyDelete
  24. Glad that you are okay! All of your projects are wonderful! Especially love how you used the crocodile! Love his embossing, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow Awesome work and detail! You are an awesome crafter!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Phewwww! Glad you are alright! Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  27. All of your cards are beautiful! Great detail, awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my goodness Nadja, what a fabulous job you did with the "non" christmas carts you picked. All turned out great, but my favorite has to be the Croc card, so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is very impressive post with every details mentioned and clearly expressed, great job.
    Cartridge Refilling in Chandigarh

    ReplyDelete