Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Would You Ever Guess Wednesday October 10, 2012 Cut a a shadow feature reversed

       

Hello fellow Crafters,
It is Wednesday and it is my day to post for My Cricut Craft Room. Today Erica challenged us to use not only a shadow feature but we were to use the negative! To add to the challenge we were not to use the negative cut as a mask. Oy... when I signed up for this I knew it would be tricky but I had an idea. Well as it usually goes with me that idea had to get "scrapped" rather quickly and I had to re-group. Here is what I came up with:


I used two cartridges for this card, Camp Out and Campin' Critters
For the challenge component I used the Camp Out shadow feature of the trees.




The first picture shows that I used the rectangle shape to size the trees and the placement. After I had that established I deleted the rectangle since I did not need that cut. I used an already folded white card and placed it on the cutting mat so the design would be cut where I wanted it - on the bottom section of the card. Once that cut was done I cut the design paper to the size that I needed and placed it so it would be cut at the same spot as the card base. After that I glued the design paper to the front.

Here you see the background paper already in place behind the tree cut in the front page of the card. For some added detail I did cut out some of the trees and placed them in. I forgot to take a picture of this step... You will see it in a bit.


This sequence shows some pictures of the Gypsy layout of the pieces and the card stock for the cuts.



Here you see the bird build layer by layer. He is from the Campin' Critter cartridge on page 45   When I saw this bird I knew that I wanted to use a Get Well Sentiment that he carries through the forest.



The top picture you see my first attempt of the sentiment. I thought that the design of the paper would look nice with the card... Right up until I placed it on the card and it just did not work for me at all! So I took the background paper of the trees with the dots. I added some Pine Needle Distress Marker around the edges. 

 
I did jazz the birdie up a bit with some eyes and some white marks and placed him on the upper left corner.

 
Now you can see the sentiment, bird and the added trees in place on the card. As I looked at this it felt like there was something missing... In looking around my piles of goodies I found the answer....

 
Not only was it the answer to my missing "something" but also my answer to adding something pink in remembrance of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Before I forget I wanted to let everyone know that the papers that I used are form the Kaiser Craft Paper Pad "Tiny Woods"  So one more quick look at the finished card.


Thank you so very much for stopping by my blog and now it is time to check out some of the other projects that my Design Team Sisters have in store for you. I know for certain that you will not be disappointed with their creativity of their projects. Head on over to My Cricut Craft Room for more details...

Until soon,
Nadja


6 comments:

  1. Nadja, you did such a great job with this channel. That would be a tricky challenge to complete, but you rocked it! Love your little bird!
    Teresa
    MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome car...love the detail!
    Lisa
    MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card!
    Miranda :)
    MCCR DT Sister
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way you did the trees gives your card so much depth! I love that little cardinal too! He is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete