Saturday, October 6, 2012

October 100 Cartridge Blog Hop

Welcome to Erica's Craft Room
100 Cricut Cartridge Blog Hop Day ONE


You should have started at http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com/ if not please start at the beginning
 


Welcome to My Cricut Craft Room's October's 100 Cartridge Blog Hop
Collectively the design team uses over 100 different Cricut Cartridges in their projects during the two days of this hop. And Erica is giving away 3 different prizes to 3 separate winners this month! One prize will be TPC Girlfriends pink papers,  one will be the Pink Journey Cricut cartridge,  and one will be a pink little Cricut toy. 
And since October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month we have to have something pink on all of our projects!
 

 
*****************************************************
Hello everyone, I hope you are enjoying yourselves on this wonderful hop. You should have come from the talented  Lisa    http://lisacustomscrapbooking.blogspot.com  
Here are the cartridges that  I  have picked for this event:
*Serenade
*Paper Lace 2
*Lovely Florals
*Pirates and Mermaids

 This is my first project:

I used Paper Lace 2 and Lovely Florals for this card. My inspiration came from the Paper Lace 2 cut. I just loved the lacey feel of the background cut.

This cut was done with the image on page 27, Lace 2. And as usual seized on my trusted Gypsy. 
 
 This picture shows the other cuts that I used and the paper choices. The medallion was cut from the Lovely Florals. I cut two because I wanted to use the hearts and add color as well as dimension to the center piece.



And here is the star of this card. I love the Christmas Bead Garlands from Michaels, so last year I bought some when they were half price. I cut a section and then just bend all the beads to one side and shaped the circle. To keep me in line and somewhat in shape of a circle I used a leftover piece for this step (I knew that it would not be seen). Once I had the shape and length I hot clued the wire to the circle. I had to use double up pop dots to achieve the height that I needed to allow for the beads. The blue circle would cover the white one and this section was done!




 As I mentioned earlier I cut two pieces of the medallion, it is the cut of the Lovely Florals cartridge, so I could cut out the hearts. I sponge inked them (2) with Spun Sugar ink and used the Spun Sugar Distress Marker to ink up the edges. For the sentiment I used a Whimsy Die and matching Stamp. I also inked the edges of the sentiment with the Spun Sugar. Then added all pieces to the center circle.





Now it was just time to add all the components together and there you have my first project! And a couple of close ups.



My second project:


This was done with only the Serenade cartridge. I like the simple and clean look of this. I remember when this cartridge came out and I had to have it because of the detailed images of flowers and trees. 


I started with my Gypsy (I know what a surprise lol) and placed the different components so I can place the different colors for the cuts.



The white paper is a shimmering vellum. As you can see the cricut machine took a bite out of one of the petals, but I was going to use it somehow instead of wasting it. The pink flower was curled up with a stylus as well as the white.


For the background I found a really cute paper and it has different pink and gray shades. I could not find any gray card stock that had the right feel so I just used black.  I ran it through my Big Shot with an embossing folder. And this is what I got.




The next step was to add the flowers and the vase. The vase was cut out in dark grey but looked very flat. I started to look for something in my piles of treasures and I came across the rub-on flourishes. I choose some of the smaller ones, arranged them on the vase, added some white dots... I like the way this turned out. In the center of the flowers I added some big pearls. The stems and leaves are green just so there was a little bit of a splash of color besides the pink and black.




To finish the card I used this pretty pink netting with lots of sparkle  (unfortunately the picture does this no justice) underneath the black and of course the pretty pink paper. I did add some more bling on the corners to bring it all together. The center is pink and the two smaller ones on either side are white.

My final project:



For this card I used the Pirates and Mermaids and Cindy Loo cartridges. What a fun cartridge it is! Originally I wanted to use the Pirate Girl and then my Crafting Partner aka Jon told me that he would like for me to use the dragon/see monster. Since I love dragons (I know what a surprise since the blog is called Scrap Dragon,lol) he did not need to convince me very long. Before I had started on this card I had experimented with a new technique for me...




I used  a 6x6 Template. This one is called Mini Fish Scales by The Crafters Workshop. And Viva Modellier Creme in a sage green color. I taped the stencil onto white paper (next time I will use card stock or heavy paper. With the thin paper that I used, once it got wet it lost a bit of its shape) and used my Cricut Spatula to add a thin layer of the Creme. This worked so nice! After that I lifted the Template up and let the design dry. The clean up was not as simple as I had hoped though...


And this is what you will end up with.







Here are the cuts for this pretty Sea Monster. It is the 
cut of this cartridge. I used all the layers and it was very simple to put together. I added some more details by inking the edges with Weathered Wood Distress Markers, some white dots and a google eye.


Once I laid the cuts onto the background I just loved it. The feel of the cut and the background just worked together so  nicely! Now for the tricky part of this card was how am I going to add something pink to it. The colors that I had chosen were red and a mint green... Well I found a flower the other day in one of our local Scrapbook stores that had red and pink tones in it! Perfect... 

The first layer of background paper is a flower print with mint green and red. This was my inspiration for the color combo. Then I added a piece of shiny red card stock. My fish scale background was cut to size and then I used a Martha Stewart corner punch. This layer was pop doted. And the flower was added. I liked the flower but something was missing... 



 So I added some flourishes that I cut form the Cindy Loo cartridge on page 38 . I added some Liquid Pearls Mint green and the card was done! My biggest critique aka Husband loved the outcome! 

I hope you had fun checking out all my projects, I am sure glad  you stopped by. Your next stop is: 
Janet at http://janetscreativeworld.blogspot.com  

And in case you  got lost or something happened with our links here is a complete line up for you


 1. MCCR http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com/
2. Kathy http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/
3. Shelley http://shelley-scrapbookingforfun.blogspot.com/


Until soon 
Nadja
 

45 comments:

  1. Nadja you did a amazing job on these. So much detail and they are beautiful!!!
    MCCR DT Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh my Nadja! What WONDERFUL, BEAUTIFUL projects you made for today! I don't know where to begin!
    That last technique with the template and the Viva Modellier Creme was super interesting! Love the effect!
    I don't think I ever saw those garlands at Michael's but I LOVE the way you think in using it for this card! That is beyond beautiful!
    I could go on and on - - but know I LOVED everything you made!! (There's a long list of blogs to hop to as you know! LOL!)
    Teresa
    MCCR DT sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Nadja!!! What time you took to make all of these projects.... HOURS I am sure..... Thank you so much for all of the detailed images..... I probably would never have thought to try those techniques with the scales had I not seen it so clearly. Also LOVE the circle with the pearls around it!!! That I am TOTALLY GOING TO SCRAPLIFT!!!
    I love the pearls, netting, rub-ons, bling and textures!! Simply amazing!!! (AS ALWAYS)

    I am so lucky to have you as a part of the My Cricut Craft Room Design Team. Thank you for al that you contribute to the design team everyday! *Erica Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your projects so it is so hard to pick a favorite but I have to say I keep scrolling back up to see that card with the pearls. That card is so beautiful and I think that the center looks like a snowflake and would be great for Christmas cards. Thanks for the great Ideas!
    Sarah
    MCCR DT SIS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh and I forgot to say That the pink and black card is beautiful. I love how the pink just pops off that black background and how you jazzed up the vase looks amazing!

      Delete
  5. Wow! Your projects are awesome! You have so much detail and everything is just beautiful!

    Susie
    MCCR DT Sis
    http://scrappyrandomness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. love all of your projects!!! Kept saying that the vase with the flowers is my fav but I gotta say that the last project sure is a grand design also!!!1
    Signed up as your newest follower!

    robin
    http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sea dragon, his is beautiful! Absolutely my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a bling girl so I love that pearl bling. Your flowers and vase are amazing. That dragon is great. I love all your projects! I'm your newest follower. Hope you'll come and visit me.

    Tara
    www.craftindesertdivas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the lace look you added on your projects and the peral wreath is super pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Beautiful cards...I love the details ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore your black card, well actually all of them. I was wondering about how long it takes you to make one of your cards. Im curious if I can become proficient enough on my cricuts (yes plural) that I can make things as nice as this but not take an entire day to do lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards. thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy cuteness!! I want to scraplift that vase of flowers idea.. wayyy too gorgeous! You have super ideas! Love the step by step photography. Would love the patience to pull that off too. I'm subscribing for inspiration! :) tfs
    Excitedly,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, Nadja, your projects are true works of ART!!! So amazing and thank you for sharing the how to's.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WoWzEr!!!! Awesome creations... LOVE them all! Beautiful work :))
    rrandrr@insightbb.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful work!!
    julie
    juliew50@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my holy goodness, your creations are all lovely! Love how you add the perfect little touches to everything to make them beautiful!!! Wonderful job! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wonderful projects love them all, the cuts are so intricate, my Cricut does not seen to cut this well, even when I have a new blade thanks for sharing
    upnurse at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nadja your work is incredible! If I had to pick a favorite it would be the Dragon card. Thanks for the instructions on the background I just love it! TFS, Mary M
    http://Mary-fortheloveofart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful projects love your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow what beautiful Work. I LOVE your flower vase and also that beautiful garland wreath of beads!! I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are very cool and elegant. Thanks for showing how to make them.


    afternoonscrapper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. You projects are so beautiful! The dragon is really cool!! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  24. wowzers, great projects, my fave is the flower vase, it is gorgeous.
    cathyplus5.blogspot.comMCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous projects! I love all the detail on all of them. TFS.

    Kris
    dietzrobles at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Super pretty projects love them all. Really like that flower pot. TFS

    MCCR DT, Lisa Ch

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nadja, I love how many techniques you have tried here. Love all the fun lacy and background cuts you used. Fabulous job darling!

    :O)
    Jessica S
    MCCR DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nadja, you did such a FANTASTIC job on these projects!!! I love them!!

    Crafty Hugs,
    Jessica-MCCR DT Sister
    www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful cards, they are fantastic.
    Robin L.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow love all the details to your projects. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  31. very interesting backgrounds! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow ~ three very different cards but all are gorgeous!!! Love the background on your Dragon card!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. AMAZING projects! Each and everyone of them are gorgeous!
    Miranda :)
    MCCR DT Sister
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I loved your choices, great creations!!! Your details were amazing :) dulcindaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. If I had to pick a favorite i'd pick them all...h my gosh you did a wonderful job on all of these!!!! Loved them all

    ReplyDelete
  36. What great projects!! Each one is so unique!!

    ~Jenn~
    1scrappyjenn atgmail.com
    scraphappensembellishit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hard to pick one to comment on, it would be the card with the pearl sunburst....love it!

    mb6464@hotmail.com
    marciasmemories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. WOW! You rocked this hop!!! Fantastic, amazing, fabulous... there are no words to describe how awesome your projects are! Love them all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. You totally Rocked the blog hop Nadja!
    Love all the details and embellishments such as how you used the Christmas Bead Garlands on your card and the rub on for the vase.
    Thank you for such great instructions on how you made all your projects.
    TFS!
    Claire
    My Cricut Craft Room DTM

    ReplyDelete
  40. Your details are amazing!! Your projects turned out amazing. I lot show your gave your flowers two different layers going different ways.
    MCCR DT Sister~Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  41. WOW, what amazing projects. My favorite is the second card. That's more my style. But the dragon and the first card have so much going on, they are great.

    Tammy S
    My Cricut Craft Room Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beautiful projects! I just can't choose my favorite. Love them all!

    Melissa, MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  43. great projects tfs!
    -jamie
    babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete