Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Theme Day Thursday October 18, 2012- Boy or girl child’s birthday


  



Hello fellow Crafters,
Today is my turn to post over at My Cricut Craft Room. Our assignment for today was to create a Boy or Girl Birthday card. Since I have a lot of Boys around in my family I opted  for the Girl card. Here is what I came up with.....





I used the Create A Critter cartridge for this project. This was a very fast and simple card. The only thing "fancy" is the welding of a few shapes to make this happen.




Here you see the way the pieces were laid out on my Gypsy screen. The red part is showing the welded part for the base of this card. I used the pillow and the shadow feature of the cat. Once I placed the cat onto the pillow where I liked it I welded the pieces together. From there I copied the shape and flipped up. The next step was to weld those two shapes together and the base shape for the card was done. I did  use all the layer pieces 





 
The top picture shows the placement of the papers to coordinate with the Gypsy screen placement of the pieces for the card. The bottom picture shows the actual pieces cut out. To form the base for the card I folded the piece in half and I was ready for the assembly of the card.





I inked the edges of the pillow ruffles with my Distress Marker Victorian Velvet.







The bow got a few treatments... One was some ink, Distress Marker Worn Lipstick and the other was with an embossing stylus I softened the edges and then run the stylus from the knot center to the outside to give the effect of the folds.




 Some purple bling to jazz up the ruffles...





The sentiment "Happy Birthday" is from  Whimsy Stamps with the matching die.




 The center of  the bow got a pink chrystal center.





I added the sentiment between the cat and the base to make it appear like a crown and the card was done!




In the words of my 6 year old... Ta da!!!!!
I had so much fun creating a cute girl birthday card and it came together so easy! I hope you enjoyed my post today. Make sure you check out My Cricut Craft Room and take a look at all the other super creative project from my Design Team Sisters. And if you have time leave a little note... We all love to hear from our viewers and what you think!

Until soon,
Nadja 


   



3 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card!
    Miranda :)
    MCCR DT Sister
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little kitty is so stinkin cute!!! You did an awesome job!
    MCCR DT Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nadja, your card is so pretty for a little girl! Heck for a big girl too! Love that kitty!
    Teresa
    MCCR DT Sis

    ReplyDelete