Sunday, October 28, 2012

My IMAGINE-ation Monday October 29, 2012 CCR Carts and the letter R

 


 Hello Fellow Crafters,

It is Monday and I hope the beginning of a beautiful week for everyone! Today is my turn to post at My Cricut Craft Room. The project was to show case the letter "R". This card actually came together rather easy for me... Must have been because I did not include a sentiment! For those that fallow my blog closely, they know that this is my biggest challenge to include a sentiment. So without further waiting here is my card!





"Roses and Ribbons" I used Rock Princess and Fancy Frames cartridges to create this card.





The top picture shows the layout of the paper and the bottom picture shows the cut out pieces. My goal was to create a dimensional flower bouquet. The rose is from Rock Princess on page 50. I used all the layers.




This flower was a little "tricky" to create so it was not looking flat without adding pop dots in between the layers. (As I am typing this I just realized that this could have been a better solution...lol. Will have to try this out!) I used the end of a paint brush to roll the edges.


Here is one finished Rose. You can see that I added some Stickles to the edges of some layers. I made one of those Roses and two I flipped on my Gypsy.



  Here you see the other "flipped" Roses and the bottom picture shows the layout of the bouquet. Now it was time for the frame.





You see the two frame cuts and then I cut one more where I had "hidden" the inside rectangle from the shadow cut to become the back ground for the frame.These cuts are from Fancy Frames cartridge.




For the bow I cut three strips of ribbon and then tied them into a bow. Tugged and re-adjusted until it just looked right.







Then it was time to add the pieces together and then pop dot the frame. The last two pictures show some close ups from the bow and the dimension on the frame. And as always one more picture of the final card:




For the finishing touch I added stick pearls onto each corner. I hope you enjoyed the card that I made for you all today, I sure had fun creating it. Now it is time for you to go to My Cricut Craft Room to take a look at all the other wonderful and creative projects that my Design Team Sisters have in store for you! 

Until soon,
 Nadja  



4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous frame and roses Nadja. Love all the fun layers and stickles. Great Job!
    :O)
    Jessica S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roses and Ribbons...who would think of a nicer way to celebrate the Letter R! This is so cute...I love the layers of the roses and the pretty ribbon!
    Teresa
    MCCR DT sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is beautiful! Love that pretty frame and your flowers are beautiful! Love how you show all of the steps of making your projects!

    Great job!

    Hugs,
    HL

    ReplyDelete