Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Mix It Up- Stamp / Didgi Stamp

Hello fellow Crafters,
Today I want to share a project with you for the Mix It Up Challenge- Use a Stamp or Digi Image in your project. I have to confess that I have not used any Digi Images so this time I stuck with what I had and chose a stamp that I was waiting to color....




This is a stamp by Kraftin Kimmie, Izzy Ice Cream. I also used Spellbinder Decorative Lables Eight and Whimsy Shapeology Die Vines.





Here is the colored image after I cut it out with the second largest rectangle in the set of Decorative Lables Eight. For the image itself, here are the Copic Colors that I used:
Hair- Y00, Y21, YR23, E33, E35 
Skin- E000, E00, E11, E21, R20
Dress- orange YR000, YR02, YR07, E15
            blue BG01, BG13, BG49
Shoes- BG01, BG13






After I cut out the image I inked up the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Marker.


Now it was time to start working on the background for the image. I wanted to stay within the colors that I used on the stamp image and in my piles of papers I found this one and added a glitter ribbon in a burned orange color.




I also came across this flesh tone colored card stock and I cut this with the largest die out of the Decorative Labels Eight pack. I added some of the Vintage Photo ink on the edge as well. To make it stand out a bit more I put pop dots on the back before I attached it to the background.







To give it some bling I added some orange rhinestones to the top two corners.


Then I worked on the flower. I layered two of the flowers that I 
still had in my bin of treasures. So the flower was not just looking like it was an after thought I cut out the Vines and placed them behind the flower. 
 

My sentiment came with the stamp- "You Melt My Heart!"






And one more look at the final outcome... as you can see I did add some Cinnamon Stickles to the flowers.
I hope you enjoyed this project and play along with us. If you go to http://scrapbitzcopics.ning.com/group/mix-it-up-mixed-media-altered-art-group you can even find out about some prizes that can be won!

Until soon,
Nadja

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nadja! Oh, I adore this colour combination! Izzy looks beautiful in that orange dress. And Decorative Labels 8 is definitely on my "must have" list,lol. Beautiful work! Thanks for playing along with Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps this week. :)

    ReplyDelete