Monday, October 1, 2012

Card CreatingTuesday October 2 , 2012-Guardian Angel Day

 

Hello fellow Crafters, 
It is time again for a post for My Cricut Craft Room. Since today is Guardian Angel Day, we were to make a project with wings! And since it is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we had to add something in pink! As always when I sign up for these challenges I think" Piece of Cake", then when I get to work on my project.... I draw a blank. I have to confess that is when I go to my kids (especially Jon) for some extra inspiration. This time it was both (Jarett and Jon) that gave me the inspiration for this card:


This is Jarett's footprint. I have some fun pictures to share with you as well as the details to how I created this card. I used Paper Doll Dress Up and Christmas cartridges for this project.


My subject matter.... Now mind you that I asked both boys if I may use their feet for a few minutes and the answer at first was from Jon " Sure" from Jarett "No mommy". So I did start with Jon and I forgot to take pictures. Then when Jon was done and he had fun... that is when Jarett was all games as well. So of we went to the bathroom. I gave him quick instructions and he followed (not the norm).


And like a curious now "4" year old he had to check his feet. He approved of the color and the application. He laughed the whole time I added the acrylic paint onto his toes and foot.



After that it was time to clean... onto the vanity and into the sink. He did like this as well and of course while he had the opportunity to be on moms vanity we have to check everything out. And no visit on the vanity is complete to add some face cream... didn't you know that?



 The difference is that my boy thinks the application goes through his mouth!!! Lol. Who knows maybe that is why I have still a whole lot of wrinkles in my face!

 Alright now back to my creation:  




Now that I had the footprints I was able to start to work on the body of the angel. As you can see the footprints (the red one is Jon's) do look like the body of an angel with his gown on. I had to do some touch up on Jarett's print. I used a brush and the same paint I used for the footprint to finish the round shape of the heel.




With my Gypsy I sized and cut out the wings from the Christmas cartridge. The cut is one piece and I cut through the middle of the wings to end up with two pieces.



In this pictures you see a little cut along side the edge of the footprint. I cut those slits with a knife on both sides of the print. The slit is there so you can slide the wings in. Once they are inserted ...
  


Turn the paper over and secure the tabs with tape.




 And this is what you will end up with.



The face was cut from Paper Doll Dress Up and also sized in my Gypsy. While I had the image on my Gypsy screen I also edited it to where it would not cut the facial cuts because I wanted to used my Peechey Keen face stamp for the face features. After that I added some pink cheeks with my markers. 




Then the hard part of adding something pink... At first I thought well maybe I can get away with the cheeks being pink but I wanted to have a little bit more pink then that. So I added a dark pink background to the card. 


 
This is a card that is larger then the usual size due to the larger feet that were used the final card is 4.5" by 8". Jon's card will end up even a little larger. To personalize this I added Jarett's name and the year.  I know the family will love these cards.

I hope you all enjoyed my project and you will take the time to check out all the other fantastic projects of my Design Team Sisters at My Cricut Craft Room. They are all just amazing and full of inspiration!

Until soon
Nadja 

7 comments:

  1. Nadja...LOVE your angel! This brings back such memories. My daughter made an angel with the foot print and gave it to her grandmother, as she was in her final days before we lost to her to breast cancer. Grandma kept it in her room watching over her! I have not thought about that for a very long time, and since we are recognizing breast cancer awareness, I thought I could share this story with you!
    Beautiful card and such cute boys!
    Teresa
    MCCR DT sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nadja, what a terrific idea to create an angel on a card/plaque/canvas. Thanks so much for sharing the pics and steps during the process. It is always fun to get crafty with the kiddos!
    :O)
    Jessica S
    MCCR DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Nadja I have never heard of doing this. It's such a fabulous idea and what a beautiful angel keepsake. thank you so much for sharing this project. Hugs~ Mary M
    http://Mary-fortheloveofart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nadja this was a great idea!!! Love it
    MCCR DT Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love ur card very creative idea. TFS

    MCCR DT, Lisa Ch

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I am going to share this idea with my daycare friends..I think it would be an amazing keepsake gift for the kids to make for their parents! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute idea Nadja.. wish my kids were small so I could do this, but with men's size 12 feet its almost impossible..LOL
    Hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete