Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Would You Ever Guess Wednesday September 26, 2012 – National Shamu the Whale Day

 


Hello fellow Crafters, 
Today is Would You Ever Guess Wednesday at My Cricut Craft Room. The theme for today was to create a project in black in white with some pink for Breast Cancer Awareness month. The black and white is for National Shamu Day. Here is what I came up with:



I used the Create a Critter cartridge for this card. I first started with the penguin. When I looked at this image I thought that I could make this into a girl and a boy. For the girl I used the bow of the cat image from the same cartridge. I used my Gypsy to lay out the different pieces.


Once cut out I started to layer the pieces together to get a good look at what they would look like . To give the scarf and the bow some dimension I added some colored pencil to it.






For the eyes I used some eyes that I had in my stash of goodies.
The background was embossed with a snowflake embossing folder.


I added a piece of black binding and added more snowflakes. These were punched out with the Snowflake edge punch from Martha Stewart.


For some added effect I added some stickels to the middle of each snowflake.


For the sentiment I wanted to keep it simple. I used a Whimsy Stamp with the correlating die. I placed  the sentiment in the middle of the card and added some pink hearts.

 

And one more look at the finished project...




And now it is time for you to go over to My Cricut Craft Room to check out more amazing projects from my Design Team Sisters. I hope you enjoyed your stay and come by again...

Until soon,
Nadja

5 comments:

  1. Nadja, this is just darling! I love penguins ...and your card just makes me smile!
    Teresa
    MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just TOO ADORABLE Nadja!!! I love all the details you added to this!!

    Great job!

    Crafty Hugs,

    Jessica
    www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com
    MCCR DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love the little penguins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some cute penguins Nadja. Loved the embossed background, add so much dimension to your card.
    TFS!
    Claire
    My Cricut Craft Romm DTM

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so cute!! I love CAC and your use of the scarf and bow are marvelous! The whole card makes me smile. Will you mail me this for Christmas?! Heehee. Love it!

    Tess
    MCCR DT sister

    ReplyDelete