Sunday, September 16, 2012

Mix it up

 I am so excited to share a mixed media project with you I created for the Mix It Up - Mixed Media/Altered Art Group over on the Color Me Creative site!  This week Marti Wills challenged us to use acrylic paint somewhere on our project.Well for me it was a challenge. Just a little time pressed but eager to make it happen I had an idea and got on it. This is what I came up with.






Looking at the picture you might wonder where I used the acrylic paint... Well I used it instead of ink!





I just recently got this Spellbinder plate Butterfly Magic and fell in love with it! With all these beautiful details I thought it would be a perfect design for the background. I taped the plate with the smooth side up down on my paper. Then used a dry brush to stencil the areas. (Clean up was easy, running water cleaned the plate up very quickly) I used two different colors Extreme Glitter Purple and Aqua. The glitter purple did not show up as much as I wanted.







And here is what I ended up with. I liked the outcome. I then thought I just trim it but then I came across another Spellbinder Die



Decorative Labels Eight and wanted to use it as well. 


 You can see a little bit of a shimmer and that is from a coat of Perfect Pearls.

For the sentiment I used a Whimsy Stamp with matching Die, Everyday Sayings Notables 4 and Dainty Notables 4 Die.






I used the aqua paint one more time on the rose cut. The cut is also from a Spellbinder Die, Bitty Blossoms. After it was cut I used my stencil brush to add some paint on the edges, rolled it up and added the rose to the sentiment.
On the bottom picture you also see some purple swirls that were cut with another Spellbinder Die, Foliage Two. As I mentioned earlier in the post I got some new dies.... Can you tell?! lol.






One last picture of the complete card. I enjoyed this challenge to
use acrylic paint! I hope you will give it a try and play along with our challenge at Color Me Creative.

Until Soon,
Nadja



No comments:

Post a Comment