Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Challenge 144 - Let's Get KRAFTY!!


Hello fellow Crafters... It has been quiet some time again for me to play with my Copic markers and play along with Kraftin Kimmie. Over the past year I have become a huge fan of her stamps. They are so perfect for coloring with Copics or as some of my friends use colored pencil... Yes Marti! You are the Queen when it comes to colored pencil drawings and coloring!!!! So without any longer wait here is my entry:


























I used Lavinia for this card.I have to say that I do not remember the colors that I used. Looking at the picture I think...
Dress: R81, R83, R85, R87, E71, E74, E77
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11 and R20
Eyes: YG95
Hair: E53, E55, E57 and E59
Glasses: C00, C1, C3 and C5

I have been looking at her and just could not come up with the right setting... until I came across a background in one of my Cricut Cartridges.


 Paper Lace 2, it is the gear square lace. Lavinia reminds me of one of those woman that she does it herself and has no problem with it! 









In order to create some layers but without covering all the background I first cut Lavinia so her head would peak over the Spellbinder circle. Then I cut the Spellbinder Heart Circle. I inked all the edges with  Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Markers. In my boxes of long collected treasures I found this bling circle that fit perfectly around the image.








To satisfy the challenge I used Kraft Card Stock for sentiment. This sentiment is also from Kraftin Kimmie. It was cut with a Spellbinder Tag die and while still inside of the die I used Walnut Stain and Worn Lipstick to ink the edges and raised embossing. After I took the tag out of the die I ran along the edges with my Walnut Stain marker.



To stick with the overall theme of my card I used a lot of Tim Holts gears  (big and small). The finishing touch was to add some flowers. These are all pre-made ones.






Here is a close up from the flower cluster.. I did add some copper Stickles for some sparkles. 
I hope you all enjoyed the card as much as I enjoyed making it.

Until soon
Nadja

3 comments:

  1. Great card! I love your use of the gear die cut and love the colors you used too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super stunning card, Nadja!!! Love the colour combo and isn't her hair so much fun to colour!!! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool card.... I love your creativity.

    ReplyDelete