Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Would You Ever Guess Wednesdays August 29, 2012 Shadow feature


 


 Hello fellow Crafters and welcome to my blog. Boy do we have a treat for you today with My Cricut Craft Room (that is my DT Sisters and me). Our assignment for today was to create a project using the Shadow Feature of a Cricut Image. Here is my card:


I have a few different cuts that are Shadow Features and one cut that is truly a "would you have ever guess" this cut. I will show it  in a bit in my details. Now to some of the "how" I did that steps.
As you all know by now I do start with my Gypsy. This card is 6x6, not my usual size card. So it is even more effective for me to use the Gypsy to size.


The Shadow cuts that I used are: 
Tree- from Tinkerbell and Friends
Bike- from Summer in Paris
Red grass border- from Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake Art
Black grass border- from Paper Trimmings (this is the shadow feature for the witches hat border- would you have guested that???)
Frame- from Elegant Edges

Here are the cut out pieces. I first took the tree and inked it up since I used the shadow feature but wanted some detail to the branches. I used Lettuce Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber with a dry paint brush for the leaf detail.





After the paint a coat of Burnt Red Glimmer Mist was added and the edges were inked with Walnut Stain Ranger ink



The bike got a the edges inked with Walnut Stain as well. The grass border was inked with Peeled Paint Ranger ink. The border on top of the bike is the one that is the witches hats. I love to use something unexpected in my cards!
After this it was time to focus on the frame.



The two layers were glued together and inked with Walnut Stain. Only on the very outside though. Since I wanted more of a scene feel for this card I inked the background.

I used Broken China and Mustard Seed Ranger ink for the sky and sun. Now the fun part started to assemble the scene.


I layered the bike in between the grass borders and glued it onto the background. The tree was added and let it come out over the frame so the whole tree was able to show. Some of the details that I added at this point was the leaves (a star punch) and I added Flower Soft Raspberry Fizz along the grass and frame border.




Then it was sentiment time. And you all know how much I love this part.... lol. I do not know why my brain just wants to shut down on me at this part of the design. Just about every card that I create I get to this point and I have to just struggle through to come up with where and how to incorporate a sentiment.



 Added  brown satin ribbon and bow. Added some Cinnamon Stickles to the leaves and the pink rose that I added to the bow. 



 That left me with the bottom right corner empty... No problem! I just had to rummage through my special finds and voila!



And just one more look at the finished card....


Thank you for stopping by and taking a look at the project that I made for today. Now it is time to go check out some more amazing projects from my DT Sisters over at My Cricut Craft Room. I know you will have fun and will get more great ideas for your crafting!

Until soon,
Nadja

5 comments:

  1. Amazing card!! All the detail, wow!! Great job.

    Angie MCCR DT sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! I love it. You did a great job.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Robin
    MCCR DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Nadja, that is an amazing card with so many details.. great job
    Hugs
    Nanné
    MCCR DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  4. I struggle with the same thing! I hate the sentiment part! I have gotten to the point that I make the card and leave it blank (is there really a reason to have a sentiment on the outside all of the time?) LOL..that way it can be used for whatever occasion is needed later. Love the card..it is very romantic feeling :)

    ReplyDelete