Saturday, August 18, 2012

Winter Wonderland- Joan's Gardens Weekly Challenge #30

Hello fellow Crafter's. The card that I made for the Joan's Garden Weekly Challenge has some firsts for me... I have never made a monochromatic card before. The rules for this challenge was:
  • Make a Christmas Card
  • Use all white 
  • Use something from nature (deer, bear, bird etc)
  • Use glitter or stickles 
Sure sounds simple enough, well that at least what I thought before I started, lol. Here is the card that I came up with.




 It meets the challenge rules. I think I will create the same card with different colors though. The houses and the background "melt" together more then I had hopped for at least on the picture. Real life it is not as bad. Let me show you how I created the card.
I first started with my design on my trusty Gypsy.







I added all the components and then just used different white paper. I a flat white for the detail Santa and Reindeer cut and the houses. Before I forget the all the cuts are from the Christmas Cartridge







I was surprised that the cuts came out as good as they did. I have trouble at times getting nice clean cuts and I sized all the cuts to fit on a 6.5 x 5.0 size card. After cleaning the cuts  up a bit I had the idea to cut the houses again so I could cut the roof tops out and emboss them to give them some more detail. I used a Tim Holz embossing folder.







I was pretty happy with the outcome. I then decided to add glitter for snow effect to the roof tops.








So far I was pleased. Then to create the background I used another embossing folder with Snowflakes. I used it right on the actual card front.






It took two runs through my Big Shot to the whole background embossed. I had to think about how I have to turn the embossing folder and the card so both would fit into the machine without having it caught on the sides.




Then it came time to tackle Santa. I added the two cuts together and then I added Crystal Stickles to the outline of the sleigh, the reins and the whip. The reindeer got a little eye with some whit liquid pearls.






For the trees I used another embossing folder and added more glitter. Here is another look at the finished card.





I did decide to pop dot the Santa with the Reindeer to give it a little bit more dimension.





My first Christmas Card for this year. I hope you enjoyed it. 

Until soon,
Nadja



 

8 comments:

  1. Nadja this is just stunning! Such incredible attention to detail...a beautiful job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it turned out stunning!! You can tell you put alot of effort into it...I clicked on it, and could see all the lovely details!! You are right, it wasn't easy to come up with all white...and funny thing is, I had done 2 previous all white cards without a problem...must of been the pressure...lol...good luck on the draw!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty...love you scene....and your detailed instructions...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job and love how you showed us what you did to achieve the pretty card.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Joans Gardens for our weekly challege.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card. A brilliant rundown of how you created it too. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh ! That was a lot of work ans I can understand because I have a cutting machine too (Silhouette SD). Congratulation for your nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was some general information on what we can build are
    endless and the journey is only beginning. Are
    you ready to share your message with enthusiasm, conviction and clarity is one of the best Student Loans For
    People With Bad Credit professionals are, dare I say, useless and
    expensive. If anyone can try, he or she cannot stay focused.
    It is also important function of student loans for people with bad credit.


    Also visit my page: Student Loan

    ReplyDelete
  8. The skin contains millions of sebaceous glands and can cause skin irritation, redness, peeling, scaling, or skin discoloration.


    my webpage How to get rid of acne

    ReplyDelete