Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Theme Thursday with My Cricut Craft Room

 Tod



Hello, I am so glad that you could stop by and see what I and my DT Sisters have in store for you today! Today is Theme Thursday and I picked Cookies or Milk. Well I was unable to choose between them so I incorporated both! Here is my creation:





I know it is some fancy milk and cookies but I thought it turned out pretty neat. I usually stick with cards so to do more of a 3D project was totally out of my comfort zone! Here are some pictures of how I created this table scene. I started with the plate... a cut from the Tags, Bags and Boxes 2 cartridge.


This is after it was assembled. It is the saucer for the tea cup. It comes in three pieces and goes together very easily. After that I cut out the milk carton shape which is also a cut from  Tags, Bags and Boxes 2 cartridge and assembled it. 

 This also came together rather easy. My next step was adding the pieces to the plate. My inspiration was the purple paper that I found at Michaels. I cut the circle then realizing that it would not fit the way I wanted so I decided to make a doily out of it.





The way I did this is with a Martha Stewart corner punch. Not all the cuts are matching, but I was ok with that since a lot would be covered with the other details on the plate. I started with the flowers. All of them were bought and I had them in my stash for years ( I am collector of many things and have a hard time using them at times... lol)


 The leaves are cuts from the Picturesque cartridge. I added some Stickels to the leaves and dark purple roses. Since I was on the fancy side I might as well go all out!!! Next came the cookies.





The easiest component on this project! Cut circles from George and Basic Shapes and run it through with an embossing folder. I used Swirls. For the chocolate chips I added pearls that I had. Now onto the milk carton. That seemed to be more of a challenge for me then the other components. I started by adding the four panels to the sides of the carton.


Some more flowers and leaves and a bow... That simple. Oh I did add some bling. It is hard to see on this picture. It is behind the roses. For the perfect table setting I thought it would be nice to have a tent card with the "menu" Milk and Cookies. For the wording I used  From My Kitchen and Cherry Limeaid Cartridges.
Milk was cut in the different letters and then I added ink. Cookies was done in the oval lable.




As you can see at first it was very hard to see the word "Milk" with the busy background, so my copics came to the rescue... I just ran the dark purple marker of the letters added some Stickles and there was the tent card!




Much better!!! I added a simple bow. All I did was wind the ribbon 6/7 times around my four fingers and tied it up in the middle. Added another rose with Stickles. For the tent card background I used a dark purple card stock and a Fiskar border punch with hearts.




Here is one more picture of the final setting:




 I hope you enjoyed this different kind of project from me. Now onto some more amazing creations from my DT Members. Go to http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com/ to follow along. And if you are in need for some Cricut supplies go see Erica's Store.

Until soon,
Nadja

12 comments:

  1. Nadja - I just love the way you stepped out of your comfort zone and did this adorable 3 D project! That plate is super cute! Great job!
    Teresa
    MCCR DT sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun project. Those cookies are so pretty and I love the little carton. Great job on all the frilly details, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty love the purple & all the details.

    MCCR DT, Lisa Ch

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, now I want a cookie. Very fancy, I woul dlove to figure out how to create that for a special days after school snack.

    Tammy S, MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute and creative idea!! Love the cookies..how cute! Actually, I love all of it! Great job today!

    Hugs,
    HL

    ReplyDelete
  6. such cute projects.. i especially love the milk carton.. great choice of colors too thanks for sharing :)
    -Jamie L.
    MCCR DT
    babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your projects are so beautiful and loved all the details you added!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful job! I thought the cookies were real at first. Amazing work!

    Tess
    DT sister

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought the cookies were real too! This is so pretty, great work

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome job on those cookies Nadja.. Love the way you created them and yes, they really looked real.. got me craving for some cookies now..LOL Great job with all of the 3d projects, I know they can be a handful when you're not used to creating them, but this can be the first of many to come..
    Hugs
    Nanné
    MCCR DT sister

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nadja,
    This is such a fabulous project!! Love all of the extras you added.
    Kathy
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete