Sunday, August 19, 2012

My Imagine-ation Monday August 20, 2012 Letter H

 


 Hello fellow Crafter's, and welcome to another great, creative and inspiring day with My Cricut Craft Room. Our theme for today is the Letter H. When I choose this theme I thought- this I have in the bag with no problem.... well was I in for a surprise. Talk about major mojo block. I started with thinking in the lines of Harvest, couldn't find what I was looking for. Then I went through Horse, House, Halloween( well I just done a few of those), Hippo, Handbag, and Hearts. Nothing got me going. Then it hit me!!! It was my Anniversary and I needed a card for my Husband... Hearts it is! lol





And so I finally found the inspiration to create a card that would fit the theme. BTW my husband loved it. Even though it got a little girly lol. For this card I used two cartridges Love Struck and Elegant Edges. Erica's Craft Room has great prices for all your Cricut needs, you don't want to miss. And now to some of the details of my card. As always I start on my Gypsy.


The picture shows the two outlines welded together to form the base of the card and the two pieces for the frame part.




Once the colors were chosen and the pieces were cut out I had the bases for the card.
.

Next I had to cut the heart medallion and the background for the frame. I had laid out the card without the beige background and everything just seemed to be washed together. That bit of light beige helped to separate the different layers and made them "pop"






I did used some Perfect Pearls and sprayed it on the blue layer of the heart medallion. Added the layers together.




Next I started on the front of the card with layering the different components. The beige background then pop dotted the frame part for some dimension. 




Some added bling on the heart medallion and some more on the frame. I was already going girly so I figured that little extra would not make too much of a difference and I like the way it turned out.
And here is the inside of the card... very simple.




More hearts punched in the corner and a stamped "Happy Anniversary". I hope you enjoyed this card as much as I did creating it and thank you for stopping by. Now that you have seen my card for this day, hop on over to My Cricut Craft Room to see even more fantastic and inspiring creations from my fellow DT Sister. Each and Everyone super talented, you don't want to miss out!

Until soon,
Nadja


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love all the detail!
    Miranda :)
    MCCR DT Sister
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nadja - you did a great job! Where were you yesterday when I needed inspiration for a card for my husband?? Today is our anniversary! You did a great job and thank you for all the detailed instruction!
    Teresa
    MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, what a pretty card, love the papers you chose and how you layered it!
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com
    MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors and design!
    MCCR DT Shelley
    http://shelley-scrapbookingforfun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card, Nadja!! Happy anniversary too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this card is amazing. What a beautiful way to display your love to your hubby. I may be thinking a bit too much, but love how the colors and the round frame give the effect of a "world" and the beautiful silhouette and heart show love. How amazing to share this to the love of your world...right?
    :O)
    Jessica S

    ReplyDelete