Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Just Because - No People Allowed!!


Oh my, it sure has been a while since I have posted a card that I used my Copics with! I missed them very much. It is a crazy busy time in my life right now and it seems that I just squeeze a bit of crafting time in between everything else. So it was very interesting to get back to my markers. And it took me just a little longer... Practice is the key to Copic markers for sure... lol. 
So no more talk and let's take a look at the card, shall we????





I will be entering this at the Kraftin' Kimmie Blog Challenge 141 for this week. I love the way this card turned out. It is a little bit different from what I usually create. I started with my image of this fun and playful cat. I colored it with my Copics.






Here are the colors that I used:
Cat and Shadow : C00; C01;C03;C05;C07 
Ears and Scarf: R81;R83; R85;R89 







Next I inked the edges with Distress Inks. I used Spun Sugar and Iced Spruce. After inking the edges I pop dotted the image on a pink piece of card stock. Next came the question of what kind of background paper I should use... I love the color combo of pink and green and that is what I did with the background. A subtle moss green.





I used a Spellbinder Die Persian Accents for the lace effect. The paper is a bright pink glitter paper. The picture does it no justice! For some texture I used some bright pink tulle.






Next came some embellishments that I have been collecting since forever.  The green flower with the added beads is a Prima find and I just added another pearl to it. For the bottom right hand corner I added some more collected finds from years ago.





Some flowers , a button and a silver bead shaped as a flower were the added details. I did stickle the pink roses and the vine. The vine is a die from Whimsy Stamps.




 To finish the card I added a sentiment that is also from Whimsy Stamps Retro Bottle Cap Sentiments and cut out with the matching Die. This was a fun card for me to make and I enjoyed challenging myself to try something new.

Until soon,
Nadja


4 comments:

  1. Too cute Nadja! Love all of those little details and that image is super cute. Thanks so much for playing with us at Kraftin Kimmie this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card and love that image! Thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz. Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous tulle flowers, fancy border, and coloring!
    :O)
    Jessica S
    MCCR DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nadja, I had to check and see if I was a follower and I was not so I'm one now. Thanks for your wonderful comment. I know what you mean when you have not colored in a while, that is something you have to keep on top of because I get rusty also. Love your card you did an awesome job coloring if you had not said anything I would of never new. Your image is just to funny and the sentiment is wonderful. Love your prima fine, the beads are wonderful and all your flowers. It is always so much fun to fine things that work great with your card you are making. Just love what you have done.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete