Monday, August 13, 2012

Card Creating Tuesday August 14, 2012 Thinking of You Cards





Hello everyone, it is time for Card Creating Tuesday! Today is a very special day... It is my husband and my 7th Wedding Anniversary!!! I am so blessed to have him in my life!
 So without making everyone wait any longer here is the card that I created. As it said over at My Cricut Craft Room this card has a little bit of a twist. 




My son has been talking about Halloween and so I thought this was a cute and different approach of the "Thinking of You". 
The inspiration came from the paper with all the ghosts. From there it was easy to go to the Happy Hauntings cartridge. This is one of my favorites for sure. It has so many amazing cuts. I brought out my trusty Gypsy and went to town with the designing. 





Here are the cuts for the project...





And my talented helper always ready to jump in. This time it was in the cleaning of the mat. The frame had a lot of little cuts that are left on the mat and it kept him busy for a while.





I used some copics to add some "hanging" threats from the ghost and the eyes. 






For the main background I used a Martha Stewart punch to add the bats. I layered this onto a spider web paper. Then it was time to address the frame. The green part went through an embossing folder with dots and the gray frame was inked with Black Soot ink.




To finish the frame I off set the purple hand so there was a little bit of a shadow effect.




"Beware" is also from Happy Hauntings and I sized it on the Gypsy. At first I was not sure if the cut would work because it had to be quiet small to fit on the card. I found this purple paper at Walmart. I was amazed that the paper was cut so good without any issues ( not my usual trend..lol). The rest of the sentiment was stamped on white paper, cut out by hand and inked up with Spiced Marmalade, Aged Mahogany and Black Soot. Now it was just a matter of putting it all together.





Some close ups from the different elements of the card. I did pop doted the frame from the main card to give it just a bit more dimension.



And one more picture of the finished card...




Beware, I am thinking of YOU!!!! Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking a peek at my card. Please continue onto my Design Team Sisters blogs to see even more fantastic creations. Check them out over at My Cricut Craft Room.

Have a wonderful day and until soon,
Nadja

7 comments:

  1. I looooovvvvvvvvveee ur card! I think it's great TFS

    MCCR DT, Lisa Ch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is sooo cute! I love Halloween! Happy Anniversary to you and hubby!!

    Hugs,
    HL
    MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the card and your little helper is soo cute! TFS Janet Royer MCCR-Dt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nadja,
    This is such a cool card!! Love all the elements and details. How nice for you that you have a helper!!
    Kathy
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love <3 this card. Great job on the spooky ghosts.
    :O)
    Jessica S
    MCCR DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nadja this is so stinkin" cute. Would your helper mind cleaning my mats, lol. TFS and happy Anniversary!!!
    http://Mary-fortheloveofart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nadja, I absolutely love your card, the sentiment cracks me up. All the details, the embossing and the inking really make the card. Thanks for the inspiration.
    ClaireR

    ReplyDelete