Saturday, August 4, 2012

August 100 Cartridge Blog Hop

Welcome to Erica's Craft Room
100 Cricut Cartridge Blog Hop Day TWO

You should have started at http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com/ if not please start at the beginning

Welcome to My Cricut Craft Room's August 100 Cartridge Blog Hop
Collectively the design team uses over 100 different Cricut Cartridges in their projects during the two days of this hop. Sunday the new members of the design team will be announced and some have even made a project to share with you!! What an exciting weekend!!
As special treat enjoy 10% off of your total purchase with Erica's Craft Room Store.
Use the code AUGUST to see 10% off of your total purchase (No exclusions) 
 
 
************************************************


I am so happy that you have made it to my blog! You should have come from the talented Marji www.fstampaholic.blogspot.com.

Ok now that we have some of the where to go and where to come from out of the way let me show you what I have created for this special blog hop.  My three choices for this event were:
 
* Heritage
* Paper Trimmings
* Sophisticated
 
My first project:
 
 
This was created with the Heritage Cartridge. I loved working with this image. Since there are not many layers with this cartridge I had to be a little bit creative.
 

 
As you can see I cut three images of the same size and then cut the pieces to what I needed. On the top layer of the hat I cut away the bottom portion of the hat so the underneath would show as the inside of the hat and the pink layer was just there to give me the stand.
 


 
Next came the embellishments. A Martha Stewart punch for the flower that I used a stylus on to shape it and inked the edges with Worn Lipstick. A piece of ribbon folded in have for the hat band. A pretty white pearl in the middle and the hat was done!
 
 
The sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps and a matching die cut out the sentiment perfectly.

 
Some added bling and there you have it!
 
For my second project I was inspired by my daughters Birthday on August 4th. She loves black and pink. She is a girly girl!


This card was made with the Sophisticated Cartridge. There are so many beautiful images to cut from this cartridge... I am in love with this one.


Here are the cuts that I used for this card. I have to confess that I had to break down and use a Spellbinder die for the roses. Because this is what happened with the cut from my cricut...


 
There was no saving it and I was to mad...lol.
 

 
Glued the layers together... 
 

 
Sprayed the rose cut with Pearl mist and rolled them up.
 
 
Used a Martha Steward edge punch for the edge of the card and just added a strip of black paper underneath.
 


  Here are some close ups from the flowers and the popped up "S".
 
 
Sentiment added and the card was finished!
 
 
For my final Card I used Paper Trimmings and Happy Haunting. Another of those Cartridges that the more you work with them the more you will fall in love with them.
 
 
 
I kept this one pretty simple and just added some ink to the background and the moon.
 

 
 Here you see the different inks I used for the moon and the background. The other picture is the cuts that I used. The tree is from Happy Haunting.
 

 
Started with a white card and white circle. I started with the lightest yellow and worked myself up to the darker orange and even the edge has some red. With the background I did the same just with the purple colors. I picked a spot where the moon is going to be on the background and that is where I laid down my lightest color of purple. On the edge and on the bottom of the card I used Black Soot to darken the purple a bit so it would be more like a night sky.
 

 
The tree got some bright eyes and some black liner details.






Of set the tree a bit and started adding the different elements to the background. The three bats are again from a Martha Stewart punch.
For the sentiment I used embossing powder.



The pictures show you the before heat embossing- all fuzzy and after all shiny.
 

I hope you enjoyed the projects and now off to the next stop on the hop. Your next stop will be 
  
In case you got lost here is the complete line up for todays hop:
MCCR http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com/
Nanne http://nannes-creations.blogspot.com/
tess www.sassycricutcrafting.com
Thank you for stopping by and I will see you again soon


Nadja
 

21 comments:

  1. wow, amazing projects there. I would love to try the Halloween card!!
    MCCR DT
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nadja all I can say is WOW!!! These cards are so fantastic! I love the cuts, the details and the little touches. What fabulous work. TFS, Mary M
    http://Mary-fortheloveofart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your projects. So much fun. The paper you used for the hat and the way the image shows in the center of the hat is beautiful. I LOVE that girly card. Wonderful flowers with the added pearl shine. Great inking on the halloween card, too.
    :O)
    Jessica S

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Nadja, your cards are amazing. Love they way you put it all togteher, Thank you ever so much for sharing these beautiful cards
    Ava, DT Sister MCCR
    http://scrapbookdesign4u.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love ur cards they are amazing! The black & pink is too cute! my Fav is the halloween! TFS

    MCCR DT, Lisa CH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word, Nadja..those are fantastic.. Loved the first one, then loved loved the second one and finally you blew me away with the third one.. I love using distress inks and heat embossing so it was an extra treat to check that all out.. Fabulous projects..
    hugs
    Nanné
    MCCR DT sister

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the inking idea. It really makes the card. I have ink but forget to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY GOSH!!!! Nadja! These projects are BE-AUTI-FULLLLLL!!!! I most especially ADORE your Halloween card! So many wonderful techniques!!! AWESOME JOB!!!

    Crafty Hugs,
    Jessica DT Sister
    www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nadja,
    Oh My Goodness!!! Your projects are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!
    So mush detail. Love all three. I had the same problem cutting flowers with my cricut last night. sure wish I had that spellbinders die. I finally used a new mat and they cut perfectly!! Thank you for sharing your amazing talent with us!!
    Kathy
    My Cricut Craft Room Design Team
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!!! Nadja, your projects are AWESOME awesome awesome. The details are amazing along with such great techniques. I love the hat card, great colors, nice bling. You definitely take crafting to the next level. Thanks for inspiring :)
    TFS!
    ClaireR
    My Cricut Craft Room DTM
    www.ThreeWatersCreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. NADJA! These projects are amazing! I am so glad you shared these with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so much fun and great great details.
    MCCR DT sis

    ReplyDelete
  13. You sure are a busy girl your projects are wonderful. All of the details are wonderful and show that they are a lot of fun. Love the colors you used for the background of the Halloween card. Hope your daughter liked her card?
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing work Nadja!!
    Love all your cards and all the distressing and embellishments are fabulous!! I can't say enough. Wonderful work!

    Tess
    DT sister

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many amazing details! Your projects are awesome! I love them!

    Jodie R
    MCCR DT sister

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woo hoo! I love love love your work! I just love your backgrounds! Beautiful!
    That card for your daughter is beautiful! You rocked it today!
    Teresa
    MCCR mamma bird!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMGoodness!!!! What beautiful projects! I totally lolved them all but my favorite is the black and pink card. HOW GORGEOUS!!! Wowza!!

    Hugs,
    HL
    MCCR DT SIS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your projects are amazing!! Gorgeous work and beautiful inking!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gosh, Nadja! You went all out and your projects are so awesome!! Your first project was so beautiful and so detailed! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the projects! They're all so pretty. Fantastic job.

    Melissa, MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete