Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Theme Day Thursday with My Cricut Craft Room

" 

The theme for the day at My Cricut Craft Room is "Kids in Trouble.
This is my first post as Design Team Member of My Cricut Craft Room and I am proud to be part of such a talented group of Crafters! Now let's get started with my project. Here is the sneak peak that you already saw.


When I started to think about the theme I was a little bit stumped and I have to confess, I asked for help from my boys... The answer to my question "What gets you into trouble?" was given rather fast. "Well mommy Jarett (my three 1/2 year old) likes candy and that gets him into trouble!" says the 6 year old. I am thinking, perfect. So let's make a jarful of candy!


Here is how I created this card... I used two Cricut cartridges Celebration and Kate's ABC. The jar is from Kate's ABC and I did cut three of them.

I then hand drew the inside line and started to cut it with an knife. After a quick second I then decided to be smarter and cut a cross in the middle to cut the inside out with scissors (I have to say that this was much easier)


I repeated this with all three cuts. I then cut out a piece from clear card stock for the jar.


 After that I started to layer the jar together. I used glue to put the layers together. First a cut then the plastic and then two more layers. I needed the hight for the candy pieces to fit into the jar.


 This is a picture of the layers all together. Now it was time for the fun part... the candy pieces. I used the cut from the Celebration cartridge. I edited on the gypsy and cut them out in four different colors.


 Having all the pieces cut and ready to go, it was now time to assemble the card.
 For the sentiment I used my computer and kept it simple. 


 Please check out all the other beautiful projects of my fellow DT Members at My Cricut Craft Room.

I hope you enjoyed my card today and thank you for stopping by.

Nadja

9 comments:

  1. Great job on your project today!!
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com
    DT sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nadja,
    What an adorable card!! Love the sentiment and the inspiration for the card!! Welcome to the team.
    Kathy
    My Cricut Craft Room Design Team
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute project and I am your newest follower
    MCCR DT Lead Shelley

    shelley-scrapbookingforfun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! Great job on showing how you made it, too! Love tutorials! Just wonderful!

    Hugs,
    Heather Lynn
    MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a creative idea! Never thought to use clear paper for the inside of the jar. Thx for the tip.

    Tess
    MCCR sister

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nadja...somehow I missed your project on Thursday! HOW DARLING!
    I just love the fact your boys helped you and the candy in the jar is just such a great idea! Your step by step instruction is so very helpful!
    WONDERFUL FIRST POST! So proud of you!
    Teresa
    MCCR DT lead

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome idea! Candy sure is the culprit when it come to trouble! Love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete