Monday, July 16, 2012

Sketch Tuesday at My Cricut Craft Room





Today is Sketch Tuesday at My Cricut Craft Room. This is the sketch that we were to follow. I loved it from the beginning and started to look through some of my handbooks. Now I don't know about you, but I love the handbooks!



        

Here is the card that I made...



I used three different cartridges for this card. Tie The Knot, Give A Hoot and Flower Shoppe.
I designed the different pieces on my Gypsy. I usually make a rectangle of the size of the card that I will use for my base and then will add and size the different pieces of the card accordingly. Here is a picture of the paper placement before it went into the E. 




I had only a few cuts for this card. You only see one of the white pieces for the flower because I needed to see if this was the right size for the card dimensions. Once the pieces were cut the dress was quickly assembled and blinged up around the bottom of the 
dress. 


  Onto the flowers was the next step...



First I misted the flower cut with some Tattered Angle Glimmer Mist, Turquoise Blue, and after the cut was dry I rolled it up into the flower. This cut is very easy to roll up. Just a few final twists on the edges of the leaves and the rose was done!


A white pearl in the center and the flower was complete. Next on the list was the background for the dress. I wanted it to "pop". So I ran the white card stock through a texture folder. This is what it looks like. Lots of little flowers.


I did not want to show to much of the gray but also give the white a little bit of an anchor against the busy and bold main paper. I did pop dotted the dress on the background and again pop dotted the rectangle against the background paper.


 My next challenge was how to add the flowers. I looked ( well I should say, I rummaged through my piles of goodies) and I came across some metal discs, from the bead section, that I got at Michale's many, many moons ago. I thought the silver circles are just a perfect addition to the overall look so I went with it.



I used pop dots on the backside to attach the discs to the card.



Last and certainly not least my most dreaded part of any of my cards... wait for it -the sentiment. I am not sure why but I dread the moment of when I get to my design and have to figure out where and what I will add for a sentiment! The banner I finally chose to use is from the Give A Hoot cartridge. I tried to use my Cricut to cut the word "Memories" but it had to be too small so I was brave and hand written the word. 




Here is one more look at the final card. All materials used for this card was items that I had all along and for quiet some time so I am not sure of the name of the paper line.
.

Thank you for stopping by and taking a look at my project. Now please take a moment and head on over to My Cricut Craft Room to see what the other Design Team Members have in store for you today. Until next time...


Nadja

2 comments:

  1. Nadja, this is beautiful. Love that dress and your flowers look amazing. Fabulous dimension, too.
    :O)
    Jessica
    MCCR DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful. Glad I was able to pop by to see it.
    LB MCCR DT sis

    ReplyDelete