Tuesday, July 31, 2012

My Cricut Craft Room Wednesday- My Creative Time Stamp


 

Today at My Cricut Craft Room it is My Creative Time Stamp day! When I saw this option I knew from the start what stamp set I wanted to use. It is called "Happy Mail". I remembered a very cute saying "Snail Mail" and here is the card that I made.





There is even a firsts that come with this card... My first easel card! I was not sure if I could pull this off. But I like the way this has turned out. Before I go much further into the details I have to warn everyone that I most likely used everything but the kitchen sink when it came to cartridges. Here is the list:

*Martha Stewart Seasonal
*George and Basic Shapes
*Heritage
*Sentimentals
*Elegant Edges
*Paper Doll Dress Up


All these cartridges can be checked out at Erica's Store, just click on the Cartridge name and it will take you to her store.

This card started with a simple idea and turned into a whole day of designing and cutting...lol. Well worth it though. 
I started by using my trusty Gypsy and welded the scalloped circles from Elegant Edges together to form the base of the card. Being this an easel card I also had to cut a scalloped circle by itself. 








After I scored the welded card base I folded it at to places. I just eyeballed this and got lucky that it worked ( this is the first easel card I ever made, haha).

Here is a picture of the paper layout before all the elements were cut out with the exception of the base for the card.



I knew I wanted a frame, fence, snail, tree and grass. So I sized all these cuts on my Gypsy to get the perfect fit. The background for my top I created with Distress Ink. 




For the cloud effect I cut a piece of my leftover card stock, from the white circle, that was cut from the George and Basic Shapes, with decorative scissors. Then it was time to take out the fun!!! Ink, Ink and more Ink I say.  For the sky I used Tumbled Glass and the grass was done with Peeled Paint and Bundled Sage.





The frame was cut from Elegant Edges and then inked with Worn Lipstick ink.






Next on the list were two elements for the card,  the tree and the fence. The tree is cut from Heritage and the fence is cut from Paper Doll Dress Up. The fence got some ink as well and in its case it was Vintage Photo.
At this point I was very excited the way everything was coming together.



To give this just a little bit of a different feel I let the tree hang over the frame. With the top part done it was time for the snail part.






I inked up another white circle with the same ink combo as the grass on the top portion of the card.
Then I cut grass, this was done with the Martha Stewart Seasonal Cartridge. I cut two different cuts and used two different green card stocks. Both these papers are scraps.



Layered them together adhered them to the circle and the snail background was done.
For the snail I used my last cartridge, Sentimentals.





I inked the edges with Vintage Photo added the "house " and adhered the snail to the bottom portion (on the inside) of the card.






For the finishing touch on the tree I added some leaves. I did this with a small star punch, the small head of a dry embossing tool and the back of my mouse pad. Let me just mention that it is a cricut mouse pad...lol. The sentiment came last- Snail Mail.
And here is one more final look at the completed card.









Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and be sure to go to My Cricut Craft Room blog to check out all my Design Team Sisters amazing creations. They are all so talented and creative!


Nadja

10 comments:

  1. WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!! What a BEAUTIFUL CARD!!! I LOVE all the detail you did on this card, from the stars as leaves, to the BEAUTIFUL sky you created!!!

    Crafty Hugs,
    Jessica-DT sister
    www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is WOW!!! I agree with erica this is the most beautiful card I have seen. I love all the inking you did. Absolutely gorgeous creation. Hugs~Mary
    http://Mary-fortheloveofart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS!!!!!! LOVE IT! Great job, Nadja!!! The details are amazing!

    Hugs,
    HL
    MCCR DT SIS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful Nadja! I absolutely love the colors and the trees!

    Andrea
    MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHHH MY GOODNESS! That sneek peek you gave me was lovely...but NOTHING when you see the entire card! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! This
    is just so beautiful Nadja! GREAT JOB!
    Teresa
    MCCR DT sis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nadja you did such an amazing job on this card, so much
    details, just love it. TFS
    Ava DT Sister, MCCR
    http://scrapbookdesign4u.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nadja, cute and amazing tuto,,,,and all over so creative card,,,,,yeahhh.Thanks for your comments at Patricia St. Martin Blog to my used pict..so feel free to ask me your favorite product from all my Stuff. email me to nicecrane@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did an amazing job on this card!!!
    MCCR DT Lead Shelley
    http://shelley-scrapbookingforfun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nadja,
    First off, so sorry I am late in commenting. This card is absolutely stunning!! Great job with your first easel card. I attempted one recently and was a complete failure...lol.
    I love all the details and all the instructions you provided!
    Kathy
    My Cricut Craft Room Design Team
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete