Sunday, July 1, 2012

Kraftin Kimmie Challenge- 135

Oh my goodness... I still can not believe that I was the lucky recipient of the free stamp from last weeks Kraftin Kimmie Challenge. When I opened the Kratin Kimmie Blog to find out about the new challenged I was floored to find my name. So super excited and I don't have this Stamp "Jack". Can't wait to see him. 
Now onto the new challenge. The challenge given was to use white on white with the exception of the colored Image. And here is the finished card.



 This time I wanted to try something new. I placed two stamps that overlap each other.

I used the butterfly from Kraftin Kimmie's Bug Buddies 1. These stamps are so super cute. I bought them at their release and just now got to color one up. I looked at the butterfly and wanted to have something with him on the section and not alone. I looked through my stamps and came across an old set that I bought at Michaels- Flowers and lLeaves. Played around with the cute flower and it was to big then the leaves.... Then it came to me- I will have him stand on the leave branch! I already knew how to accomplish this with the masking but had never done this. So off I went and stamped two images of the butterfly. One on my copic paper and the other one on regular paper to cut out.

There he is all cut out. That was the easy part, now be brave and stamp! I looked at the angles and where I wanted to place the leaves and I did it. To my surprise it came out pretty good. Here is a picture of when it is all covered up.( Well I forgot to take the pic before I colored so I did it after)
 Then it was time for the coloring with my Copics. Here are the colors I useds:
Face/Body- W00, W01, W03, W05, W07, W09
Wings- R81,R83,R85, R89, B91,B93,B95,B97, Y00, Y06,Y08
Leaves- YG61, YG67, G63, N05
 I added some Stickles and Spica 02 Pink.
Once colored it was time to trim. For the trim I used Spellbinder Postage Stamps Die. I used the largest one out of the set.
I knew that some of the leaves would be cut off and I was ok with that. (For people that know me that is an accomplishment to be ok with that... lol!)
As I mentioned in a previous post, I have problems with adding sentiments to my cards. For this one I used a sentiment from K Andrew Designs called Winged Things. Two reasons for that- one it was just perfect for this card and I want to enter this for her DT call. Then it was time to bring out my Gypsy after I had found the cartridge that I wanted to use. Cricut Paper Trimmings was my choice. I used the Leave2 design. I used it also for the side trims. 



  As you see in the pictures I cut three different layers. Two of them were just the way they needed to be from the booklet and the base cut I went to the '"hide" section and hid the inner oval. I had to change a few things for the oval to work since the sentiment was rather long but narrow. Love my Gypsy... It took care of all of that in a jiffy.



Now it was time to create the center step card. I followed instructions I found on the net and to my surprise it is very easy. Added the side leave vines that were cut with the Cricut and assemble the rest of the pieces and done!

And one more look at the final Card.
 Thank you for stopping by to take a look at my card. Any comments are very much appreciated.

Nadja

5 comments:

  1. I did'nt realize how detailed they were. Very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Nadja! Such fantastic work on your fussy cutting and I love the beautiful layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on winning last week's challenge! I can't wait to see what you create with your new image! This card is so beautiful. I love the combination of those two images and all of the additional details you added. Such wonderful touches! Thanks for joining this week's challenge at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps! Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is fabulous, love your white on white

    ReplyDelete