Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Wish you where here

This is a late post for me and I am on my way to go to bed to get ready for tomorrow's work day. I just could not wait to share this card with everyone.


One of the blogs I follow (KittieKraft) has me so inspired. She makes the most amazing scene cards! She uses a lot of different dies. I catch myself quiet frequently hoping to buy some of them. Today I was thinking... well I have so many Cricut Cartridges that I should be able to come up with something. For this card I used Art Nouveau and the Imagine cartridge Lori's Garden . Both of the cartridges have some beautiful images.


Here are some close ups from the cricut cuts. I did cut the bird with the layers and pop doted them together. For the vine I used my gypsy to get the sizing just right. The image is the Thistle; however, I did cut the thistle flowers of to add my own flowers to continue with the dimensional feel.
The flowers are made with a Martha Steward punch and then I used a stylus for dry embossing and my mouse pad to mold them. The leaves are also a Martha Steward punch. To give the flowers a little bit of something special I added liquid pearls to the center and for the large flower on the bow I added some seed beads.
The bird stand was cut with a Spellbinder die Elegant Posts.  I used two of them and glued them together.
Other items that I used for this card are:
Paper: Kaiser Kraft Madame Boutique Collection
Stamp: My Creative Time -Happy Mail
Liquid Pearls: Petal Pink and Peacock (on the bird stand)

Thank you for stopping by to take a look. 
Nadja

1 comment: