Sunday, June 24, 2012

Kraftin Kimmie Challenge Summer Fun- 134

Oh goodness did I have to dig deep for this one! I looked through my many stamps of Kraftin Kimmie, and I do not have any summer stamps... So I was looking through them again and remembered that it was ok to use bright colors! That I can do. I did come across the "Lulu is on the Move" set and I picked Lulu with the Hula Hoop. I am falling in love with these Lulu stamps. I have to confess that I did order the new set with Lulu and her Sister Libby. I can't wait to get them. Without further waiting here is the card that I came up with:

Lulu is just adorable. Here is a close up of the coloring. The Copics that I used are as followes:
Hair: E35, E31, YR21
Skin: E000, E00, E11
Dress:YG00, YG03, YG25, YG67
Shoes/Bow: BG01, BG05, BG09, C00, C01
I also used the glitter markers yellow, red and green


 Some of the paper I used are SEI White Elegance, We R Memory Keepers White Out, Bo Bunny A Gift of Love, the card stock that I used is from a stack that I got at Walmart. I used a lot of different die cutting machines and dies. I think I used everything but the kitchen sink, lol! The white and yellow diamond was cut with the Spellbinder Die Classic Diamonds. The yellow diamond was then embossed with a Cuttlebug Folder. The two rectangles are the two larger rectangles from the Spellbinder Die Romantic Rectangles.

  The sentiment is from Kraftin Kimmie, cut out and added to a die cut from My Creative Time, Scallop & Stitched Circle. The assembly of the card went like this. I first took the two diamond shapes and added them together and glued them right on the smaller rectangle (pink). I pop dotted that onto the multi colored paper. Added Lulu on top and the center was done.

For the flowers I used the Spellbinder die Bitty Blossoms. I love the way the roses turn out. After cutting and embossing I added Perfect Pearl Mist Perfect Pearl. This particular card stock did not take the mist as well as I had hoped but I like the way it turned out.
The leaves were cut with my Cricut. Heritage Cartridge was the one for the leaves and Paper Trimmings for the butterfly
The vines were cut with the Vines die from Whimpsy Stamps. I cut two sets of them. I then layered everything together added the sentiment and the card was done.
Thank you for stopping by and taking a look at my Cards. I do enjoy reading everyones comment and they are much appreciated.

Nadja

6 comments:

  1. This is soooo cute! Love how you have colored her and the hula hoop looks great with the stripes on it. Thanks for playing along with us at Kraftin Kimmies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally awesome card. Loving your image and the colors. Your flowers are just stunning.
    Hugs,♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nadja this is so cute! I love the fun bright colours and that image is adorable. Thank you so much for your lovely comments over on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!! Love your colouring and all your layers! Those flowers are so gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at KKS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nadja, Your card is soo stinkin' cute!! Love the image and your coloring is beautiful! Love it!

    Hugs,
    Heather Lynn

    ReplyDelete