Sunday, June 17, 2012

Kraftin Kimmie Challenge- 133

It has been a super creative weekend and I love it!!! For some time
now I just felt without any mojo to make any cards... but I think I am back from the deep dungeon of Nothing. So here is the card that I made for the Kraftin Kimmie Challenge- Follow the sketch.
 I used the cute Image of Lulu on the swing. She is so adorable. I have been seeing a lot of blogs and been inspired by the scenes they develop. So I had to try it for my self. I used Romantic Rectangles Spellbinder Die for the background of Lulu. While still in the die I inked the top with Broken China Distress Ink for the sky and on the bottom I inked with Peeled Paint Distress Ink for the grass.
 Here is the finished Lulu. I am very happy with the finished picture. It was the first time I tried myself on adding some detail to the picture (grass). Here is a list of Copics that I used:
Skin: E000, E00, E11
Hair: Y23, E35, Y25
Dress and Bow: V12, V15, V17
Shoes: W1, W3, W5
Grass: YG93, YG63, YG97
Swing; E31, E55, E25, E29

Here are some close ups that I took of the Cricut cuts. The gate is from the Ornamental Iron cartridge and the Tree is from Heritage cartridge. The gates were designed on my Gypsy to ensure the right size as well as the tree. Once I had everything laid out I played with the tree to make it fit. I used a glue pen for the tree. The overlap from the tree was cut off.
All that was left was to add a sentiment. And for some reason that seems to be the most difficult task for me. Not just with card but in general. It is hard to see but I did inked the edged with Broken China.
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look. 
Nadja

1 comment:

  1. This card is beautiful! So creative! I love the paper you used and that tree! So inspiring! hugs! Deb

    ReplyDelete