Saturday, June 23, 2012

Get Well Soon...

Well where to begin... When I was at the Scrapbook Store on Friday some paper caught my eye and I fell in love. Here is part of my inspiration for the card:

 The paper is by Kaiser Craft and is called The Lake House Collection. This line is absolutely beautiful! The other part of my inspiration was the Swan image of the Cricut Art Nouveau cartridge. It is fast becoming my favorite in my large supply of cartridges. Here is the card:
Most of this card is made with Cricut cuts! As a big fan of Spellbinders it was a challenge to do this card without them. I am very happy with what I came up with. I have to say that having used Spellbinders made the design part much simpler. The frame and the components for the swan and flowers were all designed on my Gypsy. I do not know what I would do without my Gypsy! I use it all the time and it takes the guess work out, if the cut is the right size or not.
 This is the screen shot of the different items that I set up.
And here is the line up of the paper for the different cuts.
First I started to assemble the frame for the swan. The cuts are from the cartridge Fancy Frames. These work great for the Spellbinder effect of the double matted look.  You have the regular cut the background cut and then on your Gypsy you use another detail cut and delete all the outside cuts and you are left with the inner oval. Resize it to make it smaller to the size you want the mat to look... and there you have the frame!
 Here are my cuts. I added some Forest Moss Distress Ink on the top frame. The light green, dark green and black polka dote frame were glued together and the pink background was pop dotted.

 This is what is will look like. I was really impressed with myself to have figured this out (hehe). 
My next challenge was to add the Swan. I was afraid that I would not be able to pull of my vision of (would not be the first time). I did cut two Swans because I had the idea to add some shading with my Copics, so not to feel bad and start over I had the spare cut ready. So on I went and I loved it! First try, here is the before and after adding the Copics:


 Copics that I used: W00, W1, W3
That challenge mastered onto the next of creating the flowers on the back of the Swan... I used the flower cut from the Art Nouveau Cartridge as well as some of the leaves and greenery.


Inked the edges of the pink flowers with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink and the leaves with Forest Moss. The top picture showes how I put the flowers together. I did pop dot the swan to give me some hight to add the leaves behind for some dimension. 
Some Liquid Pearls White Opal in the center, added an eye and beak to the swan and this section was complete. So far I was very happy the way everything came together. Onto making this a complete card. I looked at the background and thought that a border would be nice to add. First thing that came to mind was Martha Steward Punches. Then I thought some more and Paper Trimming Cartridge pop in my head and I started looking through the booklet. Now I love my Gypsy but for me there is nothing better then to look in my booklets to see what the cuts looks like.

Sized it and inked it up with Victorian Velvet. It looked kind of plane so I added some flowers. Same cuts as the ones with the Swan just larger.



And there was the border! Oh I did add some pearls . The top picture showed me working the edges of the paper to give the flowers a more dimensional look. Now the most dreaded part for me with all my cards... How and what kind of sentiment am I to add?! This is what I came up with:
And the card was completed at last. I know this was an unusually long post, but when I started out looking at blogs I was wondering how they did this or what colors (Copics) did they use. So if there is anyone looking at my post that is new to the craft I hope I was able to answer some of these questions.
Thank you for stopping by and if you like leave a comment, sure love to hear any feedback from you all.

Nadja
 

4 comments:

  1. fabulous card Nadja....I love my gypsy too!! It's an awesome tool and you certainly know how to use it, ty so much for sharing how you made your gorgeous card, it is fantastic, someone's gonna be one lucky sick person, not that being sick is lucky, but it will come with a bonus...this card :) LOL
    ty for visiting my blog for the hop and becoming a new follower, I'm following you now too! big inky hugs my crafty friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nadja, this is BREATHTAKING!!! I am in awe!!! Thank you for stopping by my blog during The Outlawz celebration :) I appreciate the follow and am now following you as well! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nadja this is amazing!!!! i too was a huge spellbinders fan but i found i just did not have the money to keep doing it so i have been using my cricut instead. but i don't have a gypsy and couldn't get cricut craft room to work but just a few days ago it worked on my new computer so it will make designing so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful!! I'm glad you were able to bring your vision to life.

    ReplyDelete